RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Screenshot plug-in status

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Screenshot plug-in status Henrik Brix Andersen 04 Sep 21:42
  Screenshot plug-in status Tor Lillqvist 06 Sep 09:16
   Screenshot plug-in status BobbieA 25 Feb 10:51
Henrik Brix Andersen
2003-09-04 21:42:37 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi all,

I recently replaced a large part of the screenshot plug-in (plug-ins/common/screenshot.c) - now it no longer depend on the external 'xwd' utility from XFree86 to work.

I have prepared the screenshot plug-in for compilation on different GDK back ends than X11, but I have no means experience coding for these back ends nor the means to test the plug-in on them.

It would be nice if someone on say... win32 ;)... would have a go at writing the missing win32 part of the select_window() function. It really should be simple. As a matter of fact that someone could look at the win32 specific winsnap plug-in to see how it is done there.

The comments in plug-ins/common/screenshot.c explains pretty much what the code should do.

When the win32 specific part of select_window() has been written and committed I plan to retire the win32 specific winsnap plug-in in favor of the new screenshot plug-in.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to write me - or follow up on the list.

Sincerely,
./Brix

Tor Lillqvist
2003-09-06 09:16:51 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Henrik Brix Andersen writes:
> It would be nice if someone on say... win32 ;)... would have a go at > writing the missing win32 part of the select_window() function.

I get the hint ;-). I'll have a look at it.

Grabbing the whole screen with screenshot (without any Win32 specific code yet) was *much* slower than with winsnap. It was the image transfer phase from the plug-in to GIMP that was a lot slower. I tried to change the code to just call gimp_pixel_rgn_set_rect() once, like winsnap does, instead of calling gimp_pixel_rgn_set_row() in a loop. And it is now much speedier. Do you see any reason why this should not be done? (Maybe also call gimp_tile_cache_size(), although calling it like winsnap.c does results in black screendumps, oddly enough.)

> When the win32 specific part of select_window() has been written and > committed I plan to retire the win32 specific winsnap plug-in in favor > of the new screenshot plug-in.

BTW, shouldn't it be possible to write select_window() using only GDK? gdk_pointer_grab() and, hmmm, well I'll think about it.

--tml

(Wonder why it seems to take so long for messages to go through gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu. Two or three days. Sobig.F?)

2021-02-25 10:51:12 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

When statements and regulations cannot use the information provided to them, it is also called an error in screenshot plug in. Must you can check https://bestwritingsclues.com/reviews/essayontime-review/ and get to learn more new things to complete their assignment. I suggest you go to YouTube to find an appropriate solution. Thank you for sharing with me your problem.