RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Ruby - there is huge interest!!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Ruby - there is huge interest!! Danko Dolch 18 Jul 15:13
Danko Dolch
2007-07-18 15:13:21 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Gimp Ruby - there is huge interest!!

Hi Scott!

Unfortunately I never found some Gimp Ruby news on a Ruby related site - and I've searched a lot.
I'm a bit uncomfortable with Scheme - wrote some simple scripts but if it comes more complex I struggle with the Scheme syntax and get knots in my brain - outch ;-)

Had a look to Python but never got it running with a Gimp 2.3 win version. (After what I read on the net I was a bit discouraged if I as graphics artist and linux newbie could mange to get it running on my windows notebook - without some advice)

Same with Gimp Ruby - found the source code - but nobody working on it or using it... :-(

I use the Gimp 2.3 dev. version on windows and have a linux version running in a virtual machine.
I'm highly interested in testing the Gimp Ruby dev. version and would help you as much as I can with testing, documentation, sample script's and so on...

Please help me to get the wonderful Ruby language running with Gimp - Please!

hope I can motivate you a bit to contiune working on Gimp Ruby ;-)

best regards

Danko