RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

LGM or Why am I not in Canada?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

LGM or Why am I not in Canada? Sven Neumann 03 May 21:37
Sven Neumann
2007-05-03 21:37:45 UTC (about 17 years ago)

LGM or Why am I not in Canada?

Hi,

I am not participating in the Libre Graphics Meeting this year. Some of you know this already but only few people know why I decided to stay at home this year. There's not much point in discussing this decision but I think I should at least explain you my reasons.

Last year we met in Lyon and discussed how we can finish GIMP 2.4 and what to do afterwards. Now, about a year later, we are still at the very same position and I can not tell you how frustrated and disappointed I am because of this. GIMP 2.4 is still not ready and we are still lacking active developers. The plans for after the 2.4 release are made. We talked about them last year and they are good plans. I feel that travelling to Canada and repeating last year's agenda would have been a waste of time and resources. I will instead spend this weekend at home hacking on GIMP, and hopefully I can remove one or two of the remaining show-stoppers.

Good luck to everyone who is now in Montreal, I hope you will have a good time.

Sven