RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

KeyPallete

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

4623EC95.4080203@yahoo.com.br 07 Oct 20:25
  KeyPallete Vanduir Volpato Maia 16 Apr 23:54
   KeyPallete Sven Neumann 17 Apr 08:34
Vanduir Volpato Maia
2007-04-16 23:54:27 UTC (about 17 years ago)

KeyPallete

there's this idea I've been having in a while...

I find really annoying that whenever I want to change the color, tool properties, or the whole tool, I need to go back to the toolbar and set it to the one I want, reconfigure color, properties, etc...

so question is... is it possible to change the current tool and its properties via plugin, or do I need to fiddle around the source code for that? because I think it would be a neat idea to set a tool and all its properties to a shortcut, my idea was to make each button on the keypad to activate one shortcut, then the num lock gives a second set of tools, for a total of 32 tool shortcuts, more than enough for most works

but if there is already a feature like that I'd like to know how to use it

Sven Neumann
2007-04-17 08:34:16 UTC (about 17 years ago)

KeyPallete

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 18:54 -0300, Vanduir Volpato Maia wrote:

so question is... is it possible to change the current tool and its properties via plugin, or do I need to fiddle around the source code for that? because I think it would be a neat idea to set a tool and all its properties to a shortcut, my idea was to make each button on the keypad to activate one shortcut, then the num lock gives a second set of tools, for a total of 32 tool shortcuts, more than enough for most works

You can already save tool settings to files and load them later to restore the settings. It shouldn't be too hard to code something that allows you to load certain settings by key-binding.

Sven