RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Status Update on GIMP Registry 2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Status Update on GIMP Registry 2 Devin Watson 05 Mar 00:58
Devin Watson
2007-03-05 00:58:30 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Status Update on GIMP Registry 2

Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working fastidiously on the new GIMP Registry. Here is a breakdown of everything that has been done to date:

- Database schema and implementation is nearly complete. Tests are being run to make sure that it is 3rd-order normalized.

- Front-end code is being tested for penetration and security holes. As defensive as I'd like to think I am at programming, I always try to get a nod from one of my security colleagues.

- The template system for generating/managing the individual nodes of plug-in information seems to be working okay. Again, this component is also being tested as well.

- Admin Panel framework for managing this system is almost done as well. It is my hope that it is as easy to administer as it is to use on the front-end.

Let me reiterate that I will release all of this code/database schema/everything to the GIMP project under the terms of the GPL license, so there is no ambiguity whatsoever.

As soon as my results are back from these tests I will put up everything for beta testing. If anybody would like this put on a specific test server for everyone to play with, let me know.