RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Article on GIMP in upcoming O'Reilly Windows Digital

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Article on GIMP in upcoming O'Reilly Windows Digital David Neary 10 Aug 22:48
  Article on GIMP in upcoming O'Reilly Windows Digital Michael Schumacher 14 Aug 21:39
David Neary
2004-08-10 22:48:13 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Media Hacks book
Reply-To:
In-Reply-To:

Hi Joli,

Joli Ballew wrote:

I am Joli Ballew, coauthor of the upcoming O'Reilly book Windows Digital Media Hacks. I wrote a hack on GIMP, but my editor would like it to be "beefed up" a bit. It needs a hack angle, something that users won't readily recognize as something that's possible with the program, or something that's really unusual or off the wall.

Well, what are you starting from? When you say you wrote a hack, do you mean something in script-fu, or perl-fu, or perhaps a C plug-in?

I was hoping you could forward this email to someone at the company who can add the spice it needs to make it into the book. It shouldn't involve too much - the hack is written - it only needs the "hack" angle.

Sorry - no company here. We're all volunteers.

I'm forwarding your mail to the developers list, perhaps you can follow up with some more detail on what you've done so far.

Cheers, Dave.

Michael Schumacher
2004-08-14 21:39:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

David Neary wrote:

Media Hacks book
Reply-To:
In-Reply-To:

Hi Joli,

Joli Ballew wrote:

I am Joli Ballew, coauthor of the upcoming O'Reilly book Windows Digital Media Hacks. I wrote a hack on GIMP, but my editor would like it to be "beefed up" a bit. It needs a hack angle, something that users won't readily recognize as something that's possible with the program, or something that's really unusual or off the wall.

Well, what are you starting from? When you say you wrote a hack, do you mean something in script-fu, or perl-fu, or perhaps a C plug-in?

The "Windows" part of "Windows Digital Media Hacks" limits this to Script-Fu and C... unless the hack consists of one of the other bindings.

I was hoping you could forward this email to someone at the company who can add the spice it needs to make it into the book. It shouldn't involve too much - the hack is written - it only needs the "hack" angle.

Well, show us the hack :)

Michael