RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP reaches mainstream ... television?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP reaches mainstream ... television? Branko Collin 14 Jan 04:27
  GIMP reaches mainstream ... television? Tino Schwarze 14 Jan 09:05
  GIMP reaches mainstream ... television? Kevin Cozens 15 Jan 18:48
Branko Collin
2003-01-14 04:27:55 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Somebody in comp.graphics.apps.gimp wrote that the GIMP has been shown in the major US television series Alias. I don't know if this is a spoof or not, but any which way, I thought it funny. Judge for yourself:

For those who don't know the series: it's about a student who is recruited by the CIA to fight an evil counter-intelligence organisation. Of course both organisations only use the highest-tech, of which the GIMP is apparently a part. :-)

Tino Schwarze
2003-01-14 09:05:31 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 04:27:55AM +0100, Branko Collin wrote:

For those who don't know the series: it's about a student who is recruited by the CIA to fight an evil counter-intelligence organisation. Of course both organisations only use the highest-tech, of which the GIMP is apparently a part. :-)

... and twm? ROTFL.

Bye, Tino.

Kevin Cozens
2003-01-15 18:48:14 UTC (over 21 years ago)

At 04:27 AM 01/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Somebody in comp.graphics.apps.gimp wrote that the GIMP has been shown in the major US television series Alias. I don't know if this is a spoof or not, but any which way, I thought it funny. Judge for yourself:

I think the comment was legit. I don't normally watch the program but as luck would have it, I did see the episode in question. The computer operator in the show was doing a contrast (or gamma?) enhance on an image to try and get a better view of the female behind the male in the picture. By the time I looked at the TV screen during the scene, they had already zoomed in to just the screen image of the area being manipulated.

Cheers!

Kevin. (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)

Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172 |"What are we going to do today, Borg?" E-mail:kcozens at interlog dot com|"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na| Try to assimilate the world!" #include | -Pinkutus & the Borg