RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New family driver in Gimp-print

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New family driver in Gimp-print Robert L Krawitz 27 Dec 03:31
Robert L Krawitz
2002-12-27 03:31:47 UTC (over 21 years ago)

New family driver in Gimp-print

I've just added a new family driver, the "raw" driver. Initially I'm going to use this to generate the thumbnail for the Gimp plugin (to replace the direct calls into the color code, which I'd like to hide inside the library). However, this could eventually be used to generate raw dithered data, and also for various export/conversion purposes.

I've also added an stp_printer_get_family() call to enable applications to filter out drivers by family. I'd also like to use it so that rather than printdef generating the names stp_escp2_printfuncs and such, the printer code looks up the correct printfuncs by family name. This will require the ability for family drivers to register themselves (well, it doesn't have to, but it would be nice).

Stuff is actually happening on the mainline, even if the externally visible effects are very few and far between. Most of the work is API cleanup and such, but it's going to be a much better base for future work when it's done. There's still not quite enough there to really add new functionality, but things are heading in the right direction. We can probably keep 4.2 going for another 6-12 months, although there's definitely some pressure on the color matching front.