RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP for windows --> Force "Save As" to a specified location

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP for windows --> Force "Save As" to a specified location hconnery@stny.rr.com 22 Oct 23:56
  GIMP for windows --> Force "Save As" to a specified location Sven Neumann 23 Oct 09:15
  GIMP for windows --> Force "Save As" to a specified location Tor Lillqvist 23 Oct 22:29
GIMP for windows --> Force "Save As" to a specified location Tor Lillqvist 23 Oct 10:56
hconnery@stny.rr.com
2002-10-22 23:56:14 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I am doing a remote start of GIMP for Windows from a Visual Basic 6 application. that looks something like this:

response = Shell("C:\Program Files\GIMP\bin\gimp.exe C:\ImpImages\Main.SelectedImage")

Once GIMP is up and running I make a copy of the specified image and do some other stuff to it. The problem is, when I do a "Save As", the default directory in the "Save Image" dialog box does not always refer to the directory that the original image is located in. Instead it refers to the directory where the Visual Basic Application is running from.

Is there some way to force the default directory to be the same as the directory I specified when remote starting GIMP?

This application needs to be automatic as I must assume that the end-users have little knowledge on directory browsing, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Heather

pop-server.stny.rr.com

Sven Neumann
2002-10-23 09:15:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

hconnery@stny.rr.com writes:

I am doing a remote start of GIMP for Windows from a Visual Basic 6 application. that looks something like this:

response = Shell("C:\Program Files\GIMP\bin\gimp.exe C:\ImpImages\Main.SelectedImage")

Once GIMP is up and running I make a copy of the specified image and do some other stuff to it. The problem is, when I do a "Save As", the default directory in the "Save Image" dialog box does not always refer to the directory that the original image is located in. Instead it refers to the directory where the Visual Basic Application is running from.

Is there some way to force the default directory to be the same as the directory I specified when remote starting GIMP?

yes, change to the desired default directory before you start GIMP.

Salut, Sven

Tor Lillqvist
2002-10-23 10:56:16 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Umm, call whatever is Visual Basic's equivalent to chdir() before that Shell() call? (And chdir() back to where you are afterwards, if necessary.)

--tml

Tor Lillqvist
2002-10-23 22:29:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

hconnery@stny.rr.com writes:
> response = Shell("C:\Program Files\GIMP\bin\gimp.exe C:\ImpImages\Main.SelectedImage")

> Is there some way to force the default directory to be the same as > the directory I specified when remote starting GIMP?

(Didn't I already send a reply to this message to the list? I thought I did but apparently not...)

Why don't you simply call the VB equivalent to chdir() before calling Shell()? (And perhaps chdir() back to where you were afterwards, if necessary.)

--tml