RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Perl Server

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Perl Server Bowman, Terry 04 Oct 22:32
  Perl Server Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 05 Oct 15:31
Bowman, Terry
2002-10-04 22:32:18 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Perl Server

I wrote a perl script that works great from the Xterm (perl /path/script.pl) but when I try to schedule it as a cron job it gives me a Net.pm error (: protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Gimp/Net.pm line 66. (ERROR) protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Gimp/Net.pm line 66.
). It will run as a cron job if I manually start perl server from gimp. I included "use Gimp::Net" in the script but got the same results. Is there something else I need to include to start the perl server. This is an unatteded script that i want to start automatically when the system is booted.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks
Terry

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2002-10-05 15:31:48 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Perl Server

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 04:32:18PM -0400, "Bowman, Terry" wrote:

). It will run as a cron job if I manually start perl server from gimp. I

Try to run it with -v, it will most probably tell you that no X-Server was found. You need either a valid DISPLAY under cron (e.g. using Xvfb), or, more realistically, run the perl-server permanently and let the script connect to it.