RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Electron microscopy

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Electron microscopy Mario J. Borgnia 12 Jun 21:14
  Electron microscopy Carol Spears 12 Jun 21:34
  Electron microscopy David Neary 12 Jun 21:51
Mario J. Borgnia
2002-06-12 21:14:45 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Electron microscopy

Hi,
I currently work with special image formats used in electron microscopy. I would like to be able to open, manipulate and save those files using The Gimp. Could anybody give me some pointers on how get started writing input filters?
Thanks

Mario

Carol Spears
2002-06-12 21:34:01 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Electron microscopy

On 2002-06-12 at 1514.45 -0400, Mario J. Borgnia typed this mail:

Hi,
I currently work with special image formats used in electron microscopy. I would like to be able to open, manipulate and save those files using The Gimp. Could anybody give me some pointers on how get started writing input filters?
Thanks

there is a plugin, p2m that saves images into several different cad file types. i don't know which format you are working with, but this plug-in saves in four different file formats and might give you some clues.

http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=338

there are other plug-ins for other file formats at the registry. this one comes with the most, iirc.

carol

David Neary
2002-06-12 21:51:12 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Electron microscopy

Mario J. Borgnia wrote:

Hi,

Hi Mario,

The most difficult part is undoubtedly the image format itself, as opposed to the GIMP part. I would suggest taking a fairly trivial image format (say pnm), and stripping it's plug-in save & load routines, and replacing them with your custom routines.

The source code for the pnm plug-in is in plug-ins/common/pnm.c.

Hope this helps, Dave.