RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp1.3.7,solaris8, Xsun

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

dependancies (used to be xinput) Philip Brown 06 Jun 20:17
  dependancies (used to be xinput) Lutz Müller 06 Jun 23:12
   gimp1.3.7,solaris8, Xsun Philip Brown 06 Jun 23:25
Philip Brown
2002-06-06 20:17:21 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

dependancies (used to be xinput)

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:21:19AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Philip Brown writes:

My problems hit because of 'pangoft2', which is required by gtk1.3.7, but is NOT INSTALLED by pango1.0.2, the latest version of pango.

and there is the file INSTALL which you should have read:

3. We require PangoFT2, a Pango backend that uses FreeType2. Make sure you have FreeType2 installed before you compile Pango.

Fair enough. But that being the case, please fix the configure script so that when "pangoft2" is not found, it prints out a more useful message like, "we require pango, with the optional freetype2 library support compiled in. "

BTW. Sun's make is really akward and I don't see why you are putting extra pain on you and other people by refusing to install GNU make.

really awkward?
almost nothing in your entire build scheme uses any GNU make 'features'. The same with all the other libraries' makefiles.

There is no overriding reason for you to use GNUmake specific features, and since standard makefiles work with both sun make, and GNU make, it makes sense to stick to the plainer standard.

Lutz Müller
2002-06-06 23:12:14 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

dependancies (used to be xinput)

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 20:17, Philip Brown wrote:

Fair enough. But that being the case, please fix the configure script so that when "pangoft2" is not found, it prints out a more useful message

Instead of writing these lines (and your other mails), why don't you submit a patch? I am pretty sure that people will welcome your contribution.

Lutz

Philip Brown
2002-06-06 23:25:13 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

gimp1.3.7,solaris8, Xsun

So after adding the freetype2 lib,and others, i finally managed to get gimp to compile and link.

But now there's a huge problem - it messes up my X server.

I start it up, the new installation dialog comes up with [continue] [cancel] at the bottom...

and it has screwed up my mouse. The mouse does not respond properly any more, even after I cancel out of the dialog using the keyboard.

Note that this is on a *vanilla* solaris 8 system, not one with my xinput drivers. So this is a definate solaris compatibility problem, vs a tweaked system problem.

I'd be happy to help work through the problem, and submit patches, etc. But I need a better idea of what to look at. I have no idea what the heck could be messing up the mouse like that.