RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

anocvs get does not give latest revision ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Jeroen Lamain 05 Jun 13:33
  anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Sven Neumann 05 Jun 13:50
   anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Robert L Krawitz 05 Jun 14:10
anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Jeroen Lamain 06 Jun 08:54
  anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Sven Neumann 06 Jun 11:27
   anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Christian Rose 06 Jun 12:43
  anocvs get does not give latest revision ? Sven Neumann 06 Jun 11:27
Jeroen Lamain
2002-06-05 13:33:55 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hello all,

I've started doing some work on the gimp 1.3.7. Maurits adviced me to switch to the CVS version for easier merging of changes.

For some reason I don't get the latest revision of a file (app/core/gimpunits.c)
out of cvs. I only get revision 1.3. (the newest version is 1.5). I don't know if it happens on other files too. Most of the files get updated correctly, for example checkerboard.c from june 1st.

This problem occurs when doing a fresh cvs get and also when I do a cvs update. The 1.5 version is from june 1st, and I did the cvs get and update on june the 4th. Other people are getting the 1.5 version, I don't.

I tried adding the IP addresses to /etc/hosts

I'm repeating my commands here, for reference. (I might be doing something stupid)

rm -rf ~/gimp rm -rf ~/.gimp-1.3
export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gimp.org:/cvs/gnome' cvs login

cvs get (of co) -z3 gimp cd gimp
./autogen.sh --disable-print
make

And if I want to update:

cd gimp
cvs update
make

What am I doing wrong ??

Greetz,

Jeroen (RoccoD on irc.gimp.org #gimp)

Sven Neumann
2002-06-05 13:50:19 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Jeroen Lamain writes:

I've started doing some work on the gimp 1.3.7. Maurits adviced me to switch to the CVS version for easier merging of changes.

For some reason I don't get the latest revision of a file (app/core/gimpunits.c)
out of cvs. I only get revision 1.3. (the newest version is 1.5). I don't know if it happens on other files too. Most of the files get updated correctly, for example checkerboard.c from june 1st.

This problem occurs when doing a fresh cvs get and also when I do a cvs update. The 1.5 version is from june 1st, and I did the cvs get and update on june the 4th. Other people are getting the 1.5 version, I don't.

I tried adding the IP addresses to /etc/hosts

I'm repeating my commands here, for reference. (I might be doing something stupid)

rm -rf ~/gimp rm -rf ~/.gimp-1.3

cvs get (of co) -z3 gimp cd gimp
./autogen.sh --disable-print
make

And if I want to update:

cd gimp
cvs update
make

you don't need to set CVSROOT and to login to update a checked out tree. The necessary info is stored in the CVS directories and in ~/.cvspass. Just type 'cvs update' in the gimp tree.

Salut, Sven

Robert L Krawitz
2002-06-05 14:10:58 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Date: 05 Jun 2002 13:50:19 +0200

you don't need to set CVSROOT and to login to update a checked out tree. The necessary info is stored in the CVS directories and in ~/.cvspass. Just type 'cvs update' in the gimp tree.

There might be a sticky tag on something. Type

cvs update -A

to reset any sticky tags.

Jeroen Lamain
2002-06-06 08:54:37 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Robert L Krawitz wrote:

There might be a sticky tag on something. Type

cvs update -A

Hi Robert, Sven and others,

The cvs update -A trick didn't work.

After a complete gimp clean (find . -name gimp -exec rm {};) on my machine and new cvs get -z3 it still gets the old version of the file gimpunits.c. But only that file is old. Other files like Changelog are up to date.

Jeroen

Sven Neumann
2002-06-06 11:27:28 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Jeroen Lamain writes:

After a complete gimp clean (find . -name gimp -exec rm {};) on my machine and new cvs get -z3 it still gets the old version of the file gimpunits.c. But only that file is old. Other files like Changelog are up to date.

I think it's time to write cvsmaster@gnome.org and ask if there is something they can do about the poor quality of anoncvs.

Salut, Sven

Sven Neumann
2002-06-06 11:27:28 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Jeroen Lamain writes:

I think it's time to write cvsmaster@gnome.org and ask if there is something they can do about the poor quality of anoncvs.

Salut, Sven

Christian Rose
2002-06-06 12:43:02 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On 6 Jun 2002, Sven Neumann wrote:

The cvsmaster people already know about most problems with anoncvs and have promised to improve the situation post-gnome2.0.

Christian