RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

urgent help?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Writing plug-in using gtkmm Sugandhi 25 May 15:48
urgent help? David Hodson 02 Jun 09:18
  urgent help? manjunath s 03 Jun 10:08
   urgent help? Sven Neumann 03 Jun 10:20
Sugandhi
2002-05-25 15:48:31 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Writing plug-in using gtkmm

Hi,
We want to develop a plugin for the GIMP using C++(gtkmm). Can anybody please help us with some guidance ? Is there any annotated example (similar to that of the "randomize" plug-in)?

Thank you

David Hodson
2002-06-02 09:18:14 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

urgent help?

manjunath s wrote:

1. I've to enable a plugin only when 2 images are already opened by GIMP, how do i do it?

I don't think this is possible. If the plugin is a filter, the filters menu is available from any one image. Extension plugins are available at any time from the main tool menu.

2. The output of my plugin is another image, Will i be able to display it together with those 2 already open images.

Yes, the PDB allows you to open image displays.

3. Finally, how can i get the image path from the drawable ID(or for that matter, the image opened in GIMP), that is obtained after opening the image.

I think you can do this somehow, but remember that not every image has a file path. (You can create a new image without giving it a location.)

4. Last but not the least, is the image representation in GIMP and that of the libarary IMAGEMAGICK compatible. Is there any way i can get gimp's representation of the image from the other and vice versa.

Gimp images are tiled arrays of bytes; I'm not sure what ImageMagick uses, but I know that it can use byte or 16 bit pixel channel values. I'm fairly sure you will have to write your own conversion code.

Maybe if you told us what you're doing...

manjunath s
2002-06-03 10:08:24 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

urgent help?

hi,
i'm working on a project that fuses 2 images , one with a higher spatial resolution but grayscale and the other with lower spatial resolution but having spectral information. The fused output should be a hybrid and should have the qualities of both images. This fusion is done using a new method, where we explore the gridwise correspondence of the energy values sensed by the satellites while capturing the images. This is a small info about the project. So we're integrating this algorithm into gimp as a plugin. This plugin should be enabled only when the 2 input images are opened.
So ne inputs are welcome and help me with my earlier doubts .
thank you

--- David Hodson wrote:

manjunath s wrote:

1. I've to enable a plugin only when 2 images

are

already opened by GIMP, how do i do it?

I don't think this is possible. If the plugin is a filter,
the filters menu is available from any one image. Extension
plugins are available at any time from the main tool menu.

2. The output of my plugin is another image,

Will i

be able to display it together with those 2

already

open images.

Yes, the PDB allows you to open image displays.

3. Finally, how can i get the image path from

the

drawable ID(or for that matter, the image opened

in

GIMP), that is obtained after opening the image.

I think you can do this somehow, but remember that not
every image has a file path. (You can create a new image
without giving it a location.)

4. Last but not the least, is the image representation in GIMP and that of the libarary IMAGEMAGICK compatible. Is there any way i can

get

gimp's representation of the image from the other

and

vice versa.

Gimp images are tiled arrays of bytes; I'm not sure what
ImageMagick uses, but I know that it can use byte or 16 bit
pixel channel values. I'm fairly sure you will have to write
your own conversion code.

Maybe if you told us what you're doing...

Sven Neumann
2002-06-03 10:20:49 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

urgent help?

Hi,

manjunath s writes:

i'm working on a project that fuses 2 images , one with a higher spatial resolution but grayscale and the other with lower spatial resolution but having spectral information. The fused output should be a hybrid and should have the qualities of both images. This fusion is done using a new method, where we explore the gridwise correspondence of the energy values sensed by the satellites while capturing the images. This is a small info about the project. So we're integrating this algorithm into gimp as a plugin. This plugin should be enabled only when the 2 input images are opened.

what about allowing to start the plug-in from one of the images and require the user to choose the second image in the plug-in's dialog? That's pretty easy to code using gimp_image_menu_new() (or even gimp_drawable_menu_new()).

Salut, Sven