RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Building from CVS...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Building from CVS... Maurits Rijk 12 May 15:36
Building from CVS... Maurits Rijk 12 May 15:54
Maurits Rijk
2002-05-12 15:36:57 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Building from CVS...

Hope anyone can help me with this one: I just checked out GIMP from CVS and try to run autogen.sh. However this results in a few hundred error messages, starting with:

---
I am testing that you have the required versions of libtool, autoconf, automake, glib-gettextize and intltoolize. This test is not foolproof, so if anything goes wrong, see the file HACKING for more information...

Testing libtool... looks OK. Testing autoconf... looks OK.
Testing automake... looks OK.
Testing glib-gettextize... looks OK. Testing intltoolize... looks OK.

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line. aclocal: configure.in: 46: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in library configure.in:38: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found, configure.in:38: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing... ---

I'm probably missing something here. I'm using autoconf 2.52 and automake 1.6.1.

Maurits

Maurits Rijk
2002-05-12 15:54:05 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Building from CVS...

Apologies for following up on myself: apparantly I was missing some .m4 files in my aclocal directory. Problem is solved now.

Maurits