RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP_HOST

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP_HOST Todd Preuss 05 Apr 04:49
  GIMP_HOST Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 06 Apr 00:51
Todd Preuss
2002-04-05 04:49:13 UTC (about 22 years ago)

GIMP_HOST

Can anyone tell me how I would supply the GIMP_HOST environment for a gimp-perl server. I am trying to execute a script that call's the server, but am getting a protocol error. From information that I have located it looks as if I need to set the auth in the GIMP_HOST. The following is the error message that I am getting.

protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Gimp/Net.pm line 66

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2002-04-06 00:51:33 UTC (about 22 years ago)

GIMP_HOST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:49:13PM -0600, Todd Preuss wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I would supply the GIMP_HOST environment for a gimp-perl server.

perldoc Gimp::Net is what you are looking for. however:

looks as if I need to set the auth in the GIMP_HOST. The following is the error message that I am getting.

protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Gimp/Net.pm line 66

this usually means that gimp could not be started (i.e. it coredumped or exited early). did you export GIMP_HOST? your perl-program might just try to start gimp because it couldn't contact the running version, which probably fails because of an unset DISPLAY.

if this was the reason I'd like to find out ;)