RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Help newbie with plugin dev guidance

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help newbie with plugin dev guidance MakerMatrix 26 Jun 14:57
2019-06-26 14:57:59 UTC (5 months ago)
postings
contact

Help newbie with plugin dev guidance

I've experience writing code in Perl, C, on UNIX platforms. But new to GTK, gimp plugins, python, and just about anything dev-related on Windows.

I want to write a plugin/app that does the following:

- Opens a GTK dialog that displays an MxN matrix of int values and a few buttons to interact with those values. - Reads data over serial from an Arduino sensor to populate that matrix with measured values. - Once fully populated, allow the user to send the MxN matrix to a GIMP plugin that processes it into an M*S x N*S (where S > 1) 8-bit grayscale image that can then be saved in a format that GIMP probably doesn't already support (that I don't yet fully understand but do have access to code that reads/writes it). - Run on Win/Mac/Linux if possible

If you can please point me to resources/tutorials for learning how to do something like that, I would be grateful. I've already watched 2-3 YT videos on plugin development with script-fu and am about to go check out the tutorials link that I saw when I registered on the site.