RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

installing older plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

installing older plug-in David_Beroff 19 Jun 18:02
2019-06-19 18:02:18 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

installing older plug-in

The Gaussian Blur plug-in was significantly changed at some point in recent months. When used as a keyboard shortcut, it used to retain the prior blur radius values (et. al.) and would simply work by hitting the Enter key (which acted the same as hitting "OK"), i.e., two quick keystrokes Now, the radius needs to be re-set for every single usage, (either manually, with a Preset, or with a click near "Size X"), the Enter key stopped working, and the selection tool type also gets reset, (whereas before, it wouldn't). I have a team of several people, and they each have to make hundreds of blurs per hour, so this recent change is highly annoying and time-consuming.

Since GIMP is open source, I had a thought that perhaps there would be a way that we could simply resurrect the earlier plug-in version, so my question is: How?

(We're only GIMP users, not developers.)

Thank you!