RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)? Maciej 26 Sep 14:22
  Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)? Øyvind Kolås 17 Oct 16:10
   Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)? Scott12 18 Jan 06:46
2018-09-26 14:22:11 UTC (about 2 years ago)
postings
contact

I'm using gimp 2.10 from flatpak on Ubuntu 16.04

When converting image to profile (for Canon Selphy CP1200) before print I got error on the console:

gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01_1.icc: profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl does not yet support CLUTs

The ICC was made on Apple computer using X-Rite software.

Does it mean that I cannot convert image and print it correctly using just GIMP for this particular profile? I use jpgicc and darktable for prints but sometimes Gimp is just the proper tool.

Regards

Øyvind Kolås
2018-10-17 16:10:08 UTC (about 2 years ago)

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:10 PM Maciej wrote:

I'm using gimp 2.10 from flatpak on Ubuntu 16.04

When converting image to profile (for Canon Selphy CP1200) before print I got error on the console:

gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01_1.icc: profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl does not yet support CLUTs

The ICC was made on Apple computer using X-Rite software.

Does it mean that I cannot convert image and print it correctly using just GIMP for this particular profile? I use jpgicc and darktable for prints but sometimes Gimp is just the proper tool.

The warning on the console is a report that GIMP asked babl to parse and interpret the profile; and babl is telling GIMP back that it cannot. As a result of babl returning nothing to GIMP, GIMP will instead use the slower but more complete lcms2 for conversions involving this ICC profile.

2020-01-18 06:46:20 UTC (11 months ago)
postings
contact