RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list 19 Jun 19:43
  Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Ofnuts 23 Jun 12:25
   Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list 23 Jun 14:23
    Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list 23 Jun 16:29
     Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list 25 Jun 05:26
      Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts Ofnuts 27 Jun 21:11
Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list
2018-06-19 19:43:49 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Is there any way to get more information about the gimp_wire_read () error that occurs when loading python scripts? Many scripts that worked in previous versions of gimp fail in the new one without apparent cause. Spanish version:
¿Hay alguna forma de obtener mas información sobre el error gimp_wire_read() que se produce al cargar scripts de python?. Muchos scripts que funcionaban en versiones anteriores de gimp fallan en la nueva sin causa aparente.

Ofnuts
2018-06-23 12:25:34 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On 06/19/18 21:43, Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list wrote:

Is there any way to get more information about the gimp_wire_read () error that occurs when loading python scripts? Many scripts that worked in previous versions of gimp fail in the new one without apparent cause. Spanish version:
¿Hay alguna forma de obtener mas información sobre el error gimp_wire_read() que se produce al cargar scripts de python?. Muchos scripts que funcionaban en versiones anteriores de gimp fallan en la nueva sin causa aparente.

I have seen plenty of such errors and they don't make the registration fail. In 2.10 for Windows, scripts that import pygtk can have problems (you have to make sure you import gimpfu first). Would you have the URL to such a script?

Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list
2018-06-23 14:23:46 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Ofnuts wrote:

I have seen plenty of such errors and they don't make the registration fail. In 2.10 for Windows, scripts that import pygtk can have problems (you have to make sure you import gimpfu first). Would you have the URL to such a script?

That's right. I've seen that error before though, but I write crappy python also. Maybe it is missing its beginning:

#!/usr/bin/env python # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

or pygtk is not installed. Or maybe the script is a template and broken from the fill ins.

My earlier suggestion to poke around with it was not wrong, however.

carol

Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list
2018-06-23 16:29:57 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Carol Spears wrote:

Is there any way to get more information about the gimp_wire_read () error
that occurs when loading python scripts? Many scripts that worked in previous versions of gimp fail in the new one without apparent cause. Spanish version:
¿Hay alguna forma de obtener mas información sobre el error gimp_wire_read() que se produce al cargar scripts de python?. Muchos scripts que funcionaban en versiones anteriores de gimp fallan en la nueva
sin causa aparente.

That's right. I've seen that error before though, but I write crappy python also. Maybe it is missing its beginning:

or pygtk is not installed. Or maybe the script is a template and broken from the fill ins.

Maybe the file is base64 or whatever that format was for mail in the 1980s.

carol

Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list
2018-06-25 05:26:52 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

​The scripts are working fine until ​the last gimp release, two of the scripts failing are:
http://www.arakne.es/en/dessign/gimp-guideslab-edit-guides-numerically/ and
http://www.arakne.es/en/programming/python/gimp-plugin-shape-creator-v8/

Calling gimp with the verbose option don't give more clues about the error:

Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\pnt2d.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\drawUI.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in:
'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\araknepathshapecreatorshapes.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-stitch3b.py' Querying plug-in:
'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-path-shape-creator8.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-guide-lab.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gimpfu3.py' Any help is welcome

2018-06-23 18:29 GMT+02:00 Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list < gimp-developer-list@gnome.org>:

that occurs when loading python scripts? Many scripts that worked in previous versions of gimp fail in the new one without apparent cause. Spanish version:
¿Hay alguna forma de obtener mas información sobre el error gimp_wire_read() que se produce al cargar scripts de python?. Muchos scripts que funcionaban en versiones anteriores de gimp fallan en la nueva
sin causa aparente.

I have seen plenty of such errors and they don't make the registration fail. In 2.10 for Windows, scripts that import pygtk can have problems

(you

have to make sure you import gimpfu first). Would you have the URL to

such

a script?

carol _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp- developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Ofnuts
2018-06-27 21:11:57 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

This seems due to the script importing another module:

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "E:\Gimp\Arakne\arakne-path-shape-creator8.py", line 35, in     import gtk, gimpui, pnt2d, drawUI ImportError: No module named pnt2d

In other words, the plugin main module is making the assumption that it is in the python path, so any module in the same directory can be imported. This doesn't seem to be true for the Windows version (the plugin works OK in Linux 2.10). This is possibly a bug in the Windows version.

On 06/25/18 07:26, Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list wrote:

​The scripts are working fine until ​the last gimp release, two of the scripts failing are:
http://www.arakne.es/en/dessign/gimp-guideslab-edit-guides-numerically/ and
http://www.arakne.es/en/programming/python/gimp-plugin-shape-creator-v8/

Calling gimp with the verbose option don't give more clues about the error:

Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\pnt2d.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\drawUI.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in:
'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\araknepathshapecreatorshapes.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-stitch3b.py' Querying plug-in:
'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-path-shape-creator8.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\yo\Desktop\gimp_plugins\arakne-guide-lab.py' gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-ADVERTENCIA: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gimpfu3.py' Any help is welcome

2018-06-23 18:29 GMT+02:00 Carol Spears via gimp-developer-list < gimp-developer-list@gnome.org>:

sin causa aparente.

I have seen plenty of such errors and they don't make the registration fail. In 2.10 for Windows, scripts that import pygtk can have problems

(you

have to make sure you import gimpfu first). Would you have the URL to

such

a script?

carol _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp- developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list