RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail Beinsezii 15 Apr 06:26
  Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail Beinsezii 15 Apr 06:28
   Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail Michael Schumacher 16 Apr 20:02
    Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail Beinsezii 16 Apr 22:55
2018-04-15 06:26:38 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

I just installed Arch on a second drive after getting frustrated with Windows for unrelated reasons, so I'm still pretty new to Linux and package management/building and whatnot, thus I may have just missed something, but...

I've installed GEGL 3.30, libmypaint 1.3.0, and mypaint-brushes 1.0 from their respective gits provided by GIMP's "INSTALL" file. Process for each was "git clone url", "./configure && make", "sudo make install" However, GIMP's ./configure still reports-

""" Error: GIMP configuration failed.

- Error: missing dependency gegl-0.3 >= 0.3.30 - Error: missing dependency libmypaint >= 1.3.0 - Error: missing dependency mypaint-brushes-1.0 """

-despite this. I can even use "gegl" inside bash no problem, so it shouldn't be an issue with my PATH.

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

2018-04-15 06:28:21 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

*Fixed newlines*

I just installed Arch on a second drive after getting frustrated with Windows for unrelated reasons, so I'm still pretty new to Linux and package management/building and whatnot, thus I may have just missed something, but...

I've installed GEGL 3.30, libmypaint 1.3.0, and mypaint-brushes 1.0 from their respective gits provided by GIMP's "INSTALL" file. Process for each was "git clone url", "./configure && make", "sudo make install" However, GIMP's ./configure still reports-

"""

Error: GIMP configuration failed.

- Error: missing dependency gegl-0.3 >= 0.3.30

- Error: missing dependency libmypaint >= 1.3.0

- Error: missing dependency mypaint-brushes-1.0

"""

-despite this. I can even use "gegl" inside bash no problem, so it shouldn't be an issue with my PATH.

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

Michael Schumacher
2018-04-16 20:02:58 UTC (about 6 years ago)

On 04/15/2018 08:28 AM, Beinsezii wrote:

"""

Error: GIMP configuration failed.

- Error: missing dependency gegl-0.3 >= 0.3.30

- Error: missing dependency libmypaint >= 1.3.0

- Error: missing dependency mypaint-brushes-1.0

Did you also adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to make sure that they are found at the location where you installed them?

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2018-04-16 22:55:19 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

Did you also adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to make sure that they are found at the location where you installed them?

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually just managed to solve it about 30 minutes before you posted. If I get the chance later, I'll test out your suggestion anyway for future reference.

For other Arch users, the AUR has a decent gimp community:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=gimp

Includes developmental versions, latest gits, and most major plugins like Resynthesizer and GMIC.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_packages