RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Compiling operations located outside the gegl root

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Compiling operations located outside the gegl root Michael Robinson 15 Apr 00:01
Compiling operations located outside the gegl root Øyvind Kolås 15 Apr 02:17
Michael Robinson
2007-04-15 00:01:52 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Is it possible to compile an operation if the source is not located in the same location as the rest of the the gegl sources. I am guessing by the fact that "gegl-chant.h" is not installed in $PREFIX/include, that this is not meant to be possible.

I tried adding the gegl source dir to my include path but it didn't work, the problem seems to be with "#include GEGL_CHANT_SELF" in gegl-chant.h

:)
Mike

Øyvind Kolås
2007-04-15 02:17:58 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On 4/15/07, Michael Robinson wrote:

Is it possible to compile an operation if the source is not located in the same location as the rest of the the gegl sources. I am guessing by the fact that "gegl-chant.h" is not installed in $PREFIX/include, that this is not meant to be possible.

It the API needed to compile operation plug-ins outside the GEGL source is not provided, yet. The API needed to be made public for that to happen depends on a stable API for writing operations, and there are still changes that will need to happen during the internal cleanup that needs to follow now that the public API has been settled.

If you want to develop things outside GEGL relying on unstable APIs doing something similar
to what is done in the build environment provided in:

http://pippin.gimp.org/misc/geglbed.tgz

Can be useful.

I tried adding the gegl source dir to my include path but it didn't work, the problem seems to be with "#include GEGL_CHANT_SELF" in gegl-chant.h

You also need to include the source directory as an include dir since GEGL_CHANT_SELF
should expand to the name of the .c file the plug-in is contained in.

/Øyvind K.