RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Notes while translating the manual

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Notes while translating the manual Joao S. O. Bueno 04 Jan 15:06
  Notes while translating the manual Róman Joost 06 Jan 06:51
Joao S. O. Bueno
2014-01-04 15:06:53 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hi there -

As you know, I am coordinating the translation for PT_BR (we have most files already, but the gnome.org pt_BR team wants they to have a final review before comiting to git)

For the files I am translating personally (as for the ones I will review), I am taking notes of outdated areas, and other inconsistencies. I hope we can deal with them properly later.

An inconsistency a "little bigger" , thought, came by today - there is a file on Quickmasks on the "dialogs" section of the manual...it explains a lot about quickmasks and their usage (duplicating information there is elsewhere) - but there is no dialog involved at all. (but for the channel attributes dialog that can be used to change the color and opacity).

Does it belong there? ( src/dialogs/qmask.xml )

js ->

Róman Joost
2014-01-06 06:51:45 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 01:06:53PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Hi there -

As you know, I am coordinating the translation for PT_BR (we have most files already, but the gnome.org pt_BR team wants they to have a final review before comiting to git)

For the files I am translating personally (as for the ones I will review), I am taking notes of outdated areas, and other inconsistencies. I hope we can deal with them properly later.

An inconsistency a "little bigger" , thought, came by today - there is a file on Quickmasks on the "dialogs" section of the manual...it explains a lot about quickmasks and their usage (duplicating information there is elsewhere) - but there is no dialog involved at all. (but for the channel attributes dialog that can be used to change the color and opacity).

Does it belong there? ( src/dialogs/qmask.xml )

Having a look at it, my feeling is, that it should be merged with:

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-image-window-qmask-button.html

"Merged" as in take the best bits from both instructions.

One idea for a future road map is to split up the reference from the actual manual. I assume it will make things easier if the content is separated. Having said that, the road map is not developed yet so the reason why I think it should be merged is simply by the fact that I'd avoid redundant content.

Ideas about for a future roadmap:

http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Documentation:Main

Kind Regards,

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanofski@gimp.org