RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

I made a correction in my manual. Please use this instead.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

muffin
2010-04-22 07:54:11 UTC (about 14 years ago)

I composed an HTML manual about how to compile a windows gimp plugin. Please review it.

The article about compiling a windows gimp plugin on gimp website has been deleted. So I decided to make my own manual and post it eventually to gimp manual. It's written in basic HTML elements. I was helped by tml, schumaml, and Ankh at irc.gimp.org #gimp. I would appreciate it if you reviewed it and even considered posting it to gimp manual.  
Please review it and leave some suggestions or feedbacks.

muffin
2010-04-22 08:31:54 UTC (about 14 years ago)

I forgot to attach the HTML file. Here it is.

I forgot to attach it. I'm sorry for my forgetfulness.

Roman Joost
2010-04-23 10:04:53 UTC (about 14 years ago)

I composed an HTML manual about how to compile a windows gimp plugin. Please review it.

Hi muffin,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:54:11PM -0700, muffin wrote:

The article about compiling a windows gimp plugin on gimp website has been deleted. So I decided to make my own manual and post it eventually to gimp manual.

Thank you.

The thing is, this mailing list takes care of the *user* manual. Your manual should be provided for developers. Now there are two possibilities. Either we publish your manual on the GIMP homepage or on developer.gimp.org. Both have no maintainer unfortunately.

It's written in basic HTML elements.

We have to convert it to DocBook/XML to publish it on one of those homepages.

Besides reviewing, I could try to check where the best place is for developers. In case we choose one of those places, would you mind converting it to DocBook/XML?

Cheers,

muffin
2010-04-23 11:58:12 UTC (about 14 years ago)

Since developer mailing list users didn't reply to my message, I sent the message to gimp docs list. I think it'd be better when somebody posts it to developer.gimp.org and modifies gimp user manual so that gimp user manual mentions about my manual on developer.gimp.org. Plus, I'm ok with converting it to DocBook/XML.

To: GIMP Docs 
Sent: Fri, April 23, 2010 5:04:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] I composed an HTML manual about how to compile a windows gimp plugin. Please review it.

Hi muffin,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:54:11PM -0700, muffin wrote:
> The article about compiling a windows gimp plugin on gimp website has been deleted.
> So I decided to make my own manual and post it eventually to gimp manual.
Thank you.

The thing is, this mailing list takes care of the *user* manual. Your
manual should be provided for developers. Now there are two
possibilities. Either we publish your manual on the GIMP homepage or on
developer.gimp.org. Both have no maintainer unfortunately.

> It's written in basic HTML elements.
We have to convert it to DocBook/XML to publish it on one of those
homepages.

Besides reviewing, I could try to check where the best place is for
developers. In case we choose one of those places, would you mind
converting it to DocBook/XML?

Cheers,
muffin
2010-04-23 13:30:46 UTC (about 14 years ago)

I'm sorry for not being thorough before.

Roman Joost
2010-05-04 09:28:23 UTC (about 14 years ago)

Hi Muffin,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 08:30:46PM +0900, muffin wrote:

I'm sorry for not being thorough before.

Please check my latest post on the gimp-developer mailing list. It would be good to put it on developer.gimp.org due to the fact it's developer information.

How far did you get with having a look into git and DocBook/XML?

Cheers,