RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

I'm looking for romanian translators group

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

I'm looking for romanian translators group Deco Stone 17 Apr 15:27
  I'm looking for romanian translators group Axel Wernicke 17 Apr 16:43
I'm looking for romanian translators group Alia Pintea 17 Apr 15:35
  I'm looking for romanian translators group Nickolay V. Shmyrev 17 Apr 20:17
Deco Stone
2007-04-17 15:27:21 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi all
I'm new, and I'm looking for romanian translators group. I sent mail to ro at li.org
- ....... but
" ro at li.org
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:>: host li.org [64.71.163.205]: 550 5.1.1 >: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table"

Could somebody help me?

I'm looking them, because I have some questions related to translating .po files.
There are some lines which doesn't match English version, and there are some symbols groups which I don't know what they do, like: '%s' (%s)\n (I suppose, but I'm not sure)

Thank You

Alia Pintea
2007-04-17 15:35:36 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi all
My name is Alia, I'm new, and I'm looking for Romanian translators group. I sent mail to ro at li.org - ....... but " ro at li.org
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:: host li.org [64.71.163.205]: 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table"

I'm looking them, because I have some questions related to translating .po files. There are some translated lines which doesn't match English version, and there are some symbols groups which I don't know what they do, like: '%s' (%s)\n (I suppose, but I'm not sure). Also some lines begin with "\" .... ?

If there is no such group, or if nobody from this group is active .... could somebody help me, please? I promise that I'll not ask twice the same thing :)

Thank You

PS: I am using poEdit, my OS is WindowsXP sp2

Axel Wernicke
2007-04-17 16:43:41 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,

I'm looking them, because I have some questions related to translating

.po files.

You are posting to the wrong group right now. This is the GIMP documentation team, we are writing the online help aka manual, but do not do the GIMP user interface translations. Since I do not know who's doing this for romania, please ask at gimp-dev or have a look to the svn history of the .po file to find the right person.

greetings, lexA

There are some lines which doesn't match English version, and there

are some symbols groups which I don't know what they do, like: '%s' (%s)\n (I suppose, but I'm not sure)

Thank You

_______________________________________________ Gimp-docs mailing list
Gimp-docs at lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2007-04-17 20:17:48 UTC (about 17 years ago)

? ???, 17/04/2007 ? 17:35 +0400, Alia Pintea ?????:

Hi all
My name is Alia, I'm new, and I'm looking for Romanian translators group. I sent mail to ro at li.org - ....... but " ro at li.org
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:: host li.org [64.71.163.205]: 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table"

I'm looking them, because I have some questions related to translating .po files. There are some translated lines which doesn't match English version, and there are some symbols groups which I don't know what they do, like: '%s' (%s)\n (I suppose, but I'm not sure). Also some lines begin with "\" .... ?

If there is no such group, or if nobody from this group is active .... could somebody help me, please? I promise that I'll not ask twice the same thing :)

Thank You

PS: I am using poEdit, my OS is WindowsXP sp2

Hello Alia.

Sorry, what project are you translating? If we know the name we will be able to help I suppose.

For example you can look into Romanian GNOME community:

http://gnomero.sourceforge.net/

On the page above you can subscribe to the mailing list and find mail of coordinator for example.

About ro at li.org command they are usually not functioning this days or hardly accessible. It looks like they use

translation-team-ro at lists.sourceforge.net

according to translation project page

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=index

Now about po files. %s is C format string, it's replaced by the value during code execution. You should leave %s as is but think about it in context. I suggest you to look into examples first to understand and idea. Strings \" are usual in C code too since po file can't include double quotes, they are slashed.

For a more detailed description it's better to look at gettext manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Trans-Intro-0.html#Trans-Intro-0

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?= Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070417/c74d926d/attachment.bin