RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Glossary

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Glossary Sally C. Barry 15 Sep 18:06
  Glossary Marco Ciampa 18 Sep 06:12
Glossary William Skaggs 18 Sep 07:56
Sally C. Barry
2006-09-15 18:06:00 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Glossary

Hello All -

I recently checked in the Glossary files I was working on. I made a considerable number of changes to it, and I'd like to ask that you take a look at it and see if you see any problems -- especially any developers on the list.

You can find it online at:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/glossary.html

I think that a good glossary is an important part of the manual, so I'd like to make sure that I have everything correctly defined and described.

In addition, Axel and I were discussing the Layer Modes (which are also actually used for the painting tools). The section is rather long and he thought it might be better placed in a Concepts section. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?

I appreciate your help on this. Thank you!

Regards,

Sally

Marco Ciampa
2006-09-18 06:12:48 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Glossary

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:11:23PM -0400, Sally C. Barry wrote:

Hello All -

[...]

In addition, Axel and I were discussing the Layer Modes (which are also actually used for the painting tools). The section is rather long and he thought it might be better placed in a Concepts section. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?

I think that the Concept section is the right place. Layers are the most important mechanism behind a professional graphic program like GIMP and most often the most difficoult concept to grasp.

William Skaggs
2006-09-18 07:56:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Glossary

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:11:23PM -0400, Sally C. Barry wrote:

Hello All -

[...]

I think that the Concept section is the right place. Layers are the most important mechanism behind a professional graphic program like GIMP and most often the most difficoult concept to grasp.

I suggested this a couple of years ago (when I was doing a lot of writing of help pages), and at that time there was some opposition to it, but maybe opinions have changed. In any case it might still be good if the individual layer modes appeared in the glossary.

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu