RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp developers' documentation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp developers' documentation Sally C. Barry 15 Sep 09:25
gimp developers' documentation William Skaggs 15 Sep 10:00
  gimp developers' documentation Sally C. Barry 15 Sep 10:46
Sally C. Barry
2006-09-15 09:25:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hello All, especially the Developers on the list!

I see in the ViewCVS that there are interesting-looking SGML files in the development tree. These are the gimp/devel-docs/*/*.sgml files.

Are they ever built and put on the web somewhere? I'd like to be able to use them when I'm trying to answer a question for the documentation by looking in the C source.

Thank you very much!

Sally

William Skaggs
2006-09-15 10:00:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I see in the ViewCVS that there are interesting-looking SGML files in the development tree. These are the gimp/devel-docs/*/*.sgml files.

Are they ever built and put on the web somewhere?

The docs at http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/index.html are generated from those files. If your system has the necessary machinery, you can generate them yourself by using the --enable-gtk-doc flag when configuring or autogen'ing.

The whole thing is based on the GtkDoc system for documenting source code.

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu

Sally C. Barry
2006-09-15 10:46:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hello Bill and All -

Are they ever built and put on the web somewhere?

The docs at http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/index.html are generated from those files. If your system has the necessary machinery, you can generate them yourself by using the --enable-gtk-doc flag when configuring or autogen'ing.

The whole thing is based on the GtkDoc system for documenting source code.

Thanks so much! I'll go take a look. I've been having an "interesting" time trying to find my way through the source. I can't build anything here, unfortunately, not even for the user manual, which is why I was looking for something on the web.

Regards,

Sally