RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20060913190006.67F81B3D36C@... 07 Oct 20:29
  Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5 Vitaly Lomov 14 Sep 00:31
Vitaly Lomov
2006-09-14 00:31:12 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

Notepad2 from http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html should work on ME, at least that's what they claim.

On 9/13/06, gimp-docs-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

Send Gimp-docs mailing list submissions to gimp-docs@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-docs-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-docs-owner@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Gimp-docs digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. editors (Sally C. Barry)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1 Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:11:48 -0400 From: "Sally C. Barry"
Subject: [Gimp-docs] editors
To: "Gimp-docs \(E-mail\)"
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi All -

I have a question about what editors can be used with Gimp docs.

My main system is Windows ME. Since none of the MS editors (Notepad, Wordpad, MW Word) are suitable for our files, Julien suggested that I download the freeware program, Notepad++. It does the job, but it doesn't really work well with Windows ME. I have to keep re-booting the system, Windows Explorer keeps dying, etc.

Does anyone else use something different that works better?

I run GIMP from a Live Linux CD (Knoppix), although that's not the system I normally have running on my PC.

My preferred editor on Linux is vi (vim). Does anyone know if this works on our XML files? Are there any things to watch out for? Any tips?

Thanks again for your help!

Sally

------------------------------