GIMP 2.8.10 and GIMP Manual 2.8.1 are availabe now
GIMP 2.8.10 and the GIMP Manual 2.8.1 have been released:
For GIMP 2.8.10, there are no official Windows or Mac OS binaries yet, but we will keep you up-to date.
The GIMP source code is linked on our downloads page.
GIMP Manual 2.8.1
The new version contains new translations (Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Catalan), improvements (for instance, a language menu in the online version and a Bugzilla “report errors” link on every page) and many bug fixes.
What’s new in GIMP 2.8.10 [taken from NEWS]
- Set manifest as Windows 8 compatible
- Indicate if a file was exported in the Quit dialog
- Add shortcuts and hint labels to the close and quit dialogs that make closing and quitting easier and more consistent
- Rename the File→Export menu labels to match Save/Save as
- Fix keyboard shortcuts on OSX Mavericks
- Don’t open lots of progress popups when opening many files
- Correctly restore the hidden state of docks in single window mode
- Fix exporting an image consisting of a single layer group
- Don’t attempt to pick transparent colors
- Fix crash in LCMS plugin if RGB profile was missing
- Fix compile on NetBSD (missing -lexecinfo)
- Bug fixes
- Translation updates