GIMP 2.8.10 and GIMP Manual 2.8.1 are availabe now
GIMP 2.8.10 and the GIMP Manual 2.8.1 have been released:
For GIMP 2.8.10, there are no official Windows or Mac OS binaries yet, but we will keep you up-to date.
The GIMP source code is linked on our downloads page.
GIMP Manual 2.8.1
The new version contains new translations (Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Catalan), improvements (for instance, a language menu in the online version and a Bugzilla “report errors” link on every page) and many bug fixes.
The GIMP Manual is available for browsing or as a package.
What’s new in GIMP 2.8.10 [taken from NEWS]
- Set manifest as Windows 8 compatible
- Indicate if a file was exported in the Quit dialog
- Add shortcuts and hint labels to the close and quit dialogs that make closing and quitting easier and more consistent
- Rename the File→Export menu labels to match Save/Save as
- Fix keyboard shortcuts on OSX Mavericks
- Don’t open lots of progress popups when opening many files
- Correctly restore the hidden state of docks in single window mode
- Fix exporting an image consisting of a single layer group
- Don’t attempt to pick transparent colors
- Fix crash in LCMS plugin if RGB profile was missing
- Fix compile on NetBSD (missing -lexecinfo)
- Bug fixes
- Translation updates
Post your own comments, questions or hints here. The author and other users will see your posting and can reply to it.
Of course, you can also ask in the chat.
Please log in to manage your subscriptions.
This topic (GIMP 2.8.10 and GIMP Manual 2.8.1 are availabe now) has been rated 5.0/5.0.
New comments are disabled because of spam.