GIMP 2.7 (development version) released
GIMP 2.7.0 is the first development release of the 2.7 series and also an important step to GIMP 2.8 (which is planned for the next months).
- On-canvas text editing
- Tagging for resources (brushes, patterns etc.)
- Saving (to XCF) and exporting (to JPEG, GIF, …) are now different activities with different menu entries
- Enhancements for several dialogs, key bindings
- Rotating brushes and additional elements for brush dynamics
- Some changes to the default set of brushes
- JPEG2000 and X11 mouse cursor files can be loaded now
- Improvements for GEGL support
GIMP 2.7 is a development version and, in opposite to GIMP 2.8, not intented for production use. Therefore there are no pre-compiled binaries available.
You can download the source code at:
For more information (including installation hints), see the release notes: