RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mnemonics

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mnemonics Joao S. O. Bueno 26 Jun 17:54
  Mnemonics Sven Neumann 27 Jun 12:04
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-06-26 17:54:24 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mnemonics

hi there,

could someone explain to me what is the idea of "mnemonics" in GTK2 / GIMP 1.3 ?

All I had seen until now is that some keys are reserved and cannot be used as dinamic shortcuts, and that the space bar serve as a temporary call to the move tool. I do not even know if this feature is related to the mnemonics.

Thank you so far.

JS ->

Sven Neumann
2003-06-27 12:04:04 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mnemonics

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

could someone explain to me what is the idea of "mnemonics" in GTK2 / GIMP 1.3 ?

All I had seen until now is that some keys are reserved and cannot be used as dinamic shortcuts, and that the space bar serve as a temporary call to the move tool. I do not even know if this feature is related to the mnemonics.

The "space bar pushes Move tool" feature is completely unrelated. Mnemonics are a way to quickly access menus as well as widgets by keypresses. You will find a coupld of underlined characters in the 1.3 user interfaces. These are mnemonics. Pressing Alt- will activate the associated widget. If multiple widgets with the same mnemonic exist (which should only rarely be the case), only the focus will move to the first widget, subsequent key presses cycle through the widgets that share a mnemonic key.

Was that clear enough?

Sven