RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

difficulties to compile

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

difficulties to compile info sylvax.net 17 Jun 09:54
  difficulties to compile A Guy Called Tyketto 17 Jun 10:24
   difficulties to compile Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 17 Jun 13:54
    difficulties to compile A Guy Called Tyketto 18 Jun 00:31
info sylvax.net
2003-06-17 09:54:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

difficulties to compile

hello,

when I launch ./configure, I get this error:

config.status: creating po-script-fu/Makefile config.status: executing default commands invoking perl for configuration...
checking for PDL support... yes
Unable to determine ANY directory path to DL::Core::Dev module [root@localhost gimp-1.2.5]

Where can I define those directories?

thanks

sylvain

A Guy Called Tyketto
2003-06-17 10:24:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

difficulties to compile

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:54:27AM +0200, info sylvax.net wrote:

hello,

when I launch ./configure, I get this error:

config.status: creating po-script-fu/Makefile config.status: executing default commands invoking perl for configuration...
checking for PDL support... yes
Unable to determine ANY directory path to DL::Core::Dev module [root@localhost gimp-1.2.5]

Where can I define those directories?

thanks

sylvain

Hmm... This looks like you may be just running ./configure by default. If you run ./configure --help, you'll see an option for --disable-perl. The perl extentions for Gimp-Perl are enabled by default. so If you don't have Gimp-Perl installed, ./configure will blow up. do a

./configure --disable-perl

and see what you get.

BL.

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2003-06-17 13:54:41 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

difficulties to compile

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:24:53AM -0700, A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

If you run ./configure --help, you'll see an option for --disable-perl. The perl extentions for Gimp-Perl are enabled by default. so If you don't have Gimp-Perl installed, ./configure will blow up. do a

That, of course, doesn't make logical sense.. :)

It seems that the original poster has a broken PDL installation. If he installed it from his distribution, he should check wether there are other pdl packages that he needs to install. Also, if he uninstalls PDL gimp-perl will built without pdl support. And lastly, --disable-perl is the easiest way to avoid any problems, but then of course he won't have gimp-perl.

A Guy Called Tyketto
2003-06-18 00:31:51 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

difficulties to compile

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:54:41PM +0200, Marc A. Lehmann wrote:

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:24:53AM -0700, A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

If you run ./configure --help, you'll see an option for --disable-perl. The perl extentions for Gimp-Perl are enabled by default. so If you don't have Gimp-Perl installed, ./configure will blow up. do a

That, of course, doesn't make logical sense.. :)

It seems that the original poster has a broken PDL installation. If he installed it from his distribution, he should check wether there are other pdl packages that he needs to install. Also, if he uninstalls PDL gimp-perl will built without pdl support. And lastly, --disable-perl is the easiest way to avoid any problems, but then of course he won't have gimp-perl.

You're right. Teach me to respond with half a brain at 1:30 in the morning. He has perl installed and PDL installed, but the directories are smegged, which goes to a broken PDL installation. fix that, and all the troubles are gone.

BL.