RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Running Gimp through a rlogin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Running Gimp through a rlogin Gebhart, Mark A 17 Jun 00:00
  Running Gimp through a rlogin BandiPat 17 Jun 01:44
  Running Gimp through a rlogin Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 17 Jun 13:59
Gebhart, Mark A
2003-06-17 00:00:42 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,
I am trying to use gimp to take a screenshot of the entire screen. The machine which I am trying to capture from does not have gimp installed; however, I can do a rlogin to a machine on the network that does have gimp. It freezes on my everytime I try to take the screenshot. Has anyone had luck doing a screenshot over a remote login? Thanks in advance for any insight,
Mark

BandiPat
2003-06-17 01:44:17 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

begin text

On Monday 16 June 2003 18:00, Gebhart, Mark A wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to use gimp to take a screenshot of the entire screen. The machine which I am trying to capture from does not have gimp installed; however, I can do a rlogin to a machine on the network that does have gimp. It freezes on my everytime I try to take the screenshot. Has anyone had luck doing a screenshot over a remote login?
Thanks in advance for any insight,
Mark

==================

Mark,
Not sure what you are running, but if it is Linux, you might try "ksnapshot" from your KDE screen. It's a bit simpler and you can set it to snapshot the window your pointer is in at the time.

Patrick

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2003-06-17 13:59:57 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:00:42PM -0500, "Gebhart, Mark A" wrote:

installed; however, I can do a rlogin to a machine on the network that does have gimp. It freezes on my everytime I try to take the screenshot. Has anyone had luck doing a screenshot over a remote

What freezes? Where freezes it? Where do you start which application? What do you mean by "freeze"?

In any case, I use rlogin a lot (wether you use rlogin or ssh does not make a difference if you set your DISPLAY to not use x11-forwarding for example), and gimp works fine on non-local displays, including making screenshots.