RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

stegano compile problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

stegano compile problem Bill Winegarden 14 Jun 23:17
  stegano compile problem Sven Neumann 16 Jun 12:04
Bill Winegarden
2003-06-14 23:17:39 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

stegano compile problem

Hi Everyone,
My apologies to Sven on this one. I automatically hit reply and sent a private message regarding this list item. That was not my intention at all.
Thanks for the work in this patch. When I tried to apply the patch this is the process I followed. I saved the code in your email as stegano.diff and applied the patch using the command you supplied. This information was returned.....

[bill@localhost Stegano]$ patch -p0 < stegano.diff patching file stegano.c
Hunk #3 FAILED at 57.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 83 with fuzz 1. Hunk #6 FAILED at 134.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 161.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 174.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 191.
5 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file stegano.c.rej

I have no knowledge of the coding itself so I return it to you in hopes that it makes some sense. If required, I can send the printout of the stegano.c.rej file, it is only about 3.2 kb.

Also, to others that responded, thanks.

Regards, Bill W.

Sven Neumann
2003-06-16 12:04:14 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

stegano compile problem

Hi,

Bill Winegarden writes:

My apologies to Sven on this one. I automatically hit reply and sent a private message regarding this list item. That was not my intention at all.

no problem, but please understand that I prefer to keep the discussion on the list.

Thanks for the work in this patch. When I tried to apply the patch this is the process I followed. I saved the code in your email as stegano.diff and applied the patch using the command you supplied. This information was returned.....

[bill@localhost Stegano]$ patch -p0 < stegano.diff patching file stegano.c
Hunk #3 FAILED at 57.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 83 with fuzz 1. Hunk #6 FAILED at 134.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 161.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 174.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 191.
5 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file stegano.c.rej

You are obviously trying to compile a different version of the plug-in. I gave you the URL from where I downloaded the version I based the patch on. Please try that version instead.

Sven