RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2-byte font not displayed

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2-byte font not displayed Kevin Coyner 13 Jun 04:02
Kevin Coyner
2003-06-13 04:02:48 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

2-byte font not displayed

Using Gimp v 1.2.3 and have successfully added a number of new fonts that show up in the Text Tool font selection dialog box. However, some of the fonts (not mainstream type ones), while present in the list of fonts, do not actually show up. Instead I get a message:

"This is a 2-byte font and may not be displayed correctly."

and the font that is displayed in the Preview looks like some kind of default instead of the fancy font I'm trying to use.

However, this same font does work in Open Office, a couple other apps, and xfontsel.

Am I out of luck using such fonts with the Gimp?

Any pointers towards any write-ups on fonts and the Gimp would be appreciated. I already went through the Gimp manual at

/usr/share/doc/gimp-manual/html/index.html

but that seems to cover only how to add new fonts in. I guess I'm looking for some clarity on the difference between a 2-byte font and other types (?) and what's useable with the Gimp.

Thanks Kevin