RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-1.2.4 plugins and compile problems-again

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-1.2.4 plugins and compile problems-again david 31 May 13:56
  gimp-1.2.4 plugins and compile problems-again david 31 May 15:10
david
2003-05-31 13:56:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

OK. I followed the leads, and now only the mpeg plugins seems to be lost on ./configure. However I still am having problems with make and make install as the following demonstrates.

cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

I have checked the ld.so.conf file to see if /usr/local/include is there-it is.

Even because of this the gimp does open. But I cannot open any images-the tips file is reported to be not there, and the plugins cannot be found.

Ive checked the gimp pages http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/faq-dev.html#jpegtiff. this is some of what is there

"The first method below works for most people, but if not, look at the second one.

*Method 1*

Assuming you have the correct versions of the JPEG and TIFF libraries (see below )
built on your system, edit the plug-ins/Makefile to add the following lines after the *INCLUDES = \* line:

-I/usr/local/include/jpeg \ -I/usr/local/include/tiff \"

I notice the /usr/local/include again. So should the libjpeg be in /usr/local/include not in /usr/lib as on my system, or should the instruction (method 1) above show "-I/usr/lib/jpeg \ -I/usr/lib/tiff \"

Again thanks for the help-I really would like to get this working!!!!!!!!!!

David

Yep. You probably need to install something like 'mpeg-devel' if you're rpms, etc. If your compiling these libs yourself, './configure --enable-shared' before 'make' & 'make install' is the trick.

Eric

Thanks for the help. But now I am going to be stupid-what are the header files? Do you mean header files for mpeg, xpm?

you may have figured, but I am a newbie.

Hi,

david writes:

I have got the 1.2.4.tar.gz of the gimp. Upon compiling 3 plugins were not found-xpm, mpeg, and gtkxmhtml. i've just checked my system and mpeg and xpm are on the system. Is the error created because a gimp plugin is different from a standard component, such as the mpeg which is on the system, or is the problem occuring because of something different such as the path needing to be incuded in ldconfig.

You are probably missing the header files needed to compile software using these libraries. Most distributions install the headers separately from the libraries.

Sven

david
2003-05-31 15:10:40 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Disregard what i have written-at least most of it.........I have it working. the ./configure --enable share command was the charm.

cheers for your help

david wrote:

OK. I followed the leads, and now only the mpeg plugins seems to be lost on ./configure. However I still am having problems with make and make install as the following demonstrates.

cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

I have checked the ld.so.conf file to see if /usr/local/include is there-it is.

Even because of this the gimp does open. But I cannot open any images-the tips file is reported to be not there, and the plugins cannot be found.

Ive checked the gimp pages http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/faq-dev.html#jpegtiff. this is some of what is there

"The first method below works for most people, but if not, look at the second one.

*Method 1*

Assuming you have the correct versions of the JPEG and TIFF libraries (see below )
built on your system, edit the plug-ins/Makefile to add the following lines after the *INCLUDES = \* line:

-I/usr/local/include/jpeg \ -I/usr/local/include/tiff \"

I notice the /usr/local/include again. So should the libjpeg be in /usr/local/include not in /usr/lib as on my system, or should the instruction (method 1) above show "-I/usr/lib/jpeg \ -I/usr/lib/tiff \"

Again thanks for the help-I really would like to get this working!!!!!!!!!!

David

Yep. You probably need to install something like 'mpeg-devel' if you're rpms, etc. If your compiling these libs yourself, './configure --enable-shared' before 'make' & 'make install' is the trick.

Eric

Thanks for the help. But now I am going to be stupid-what are the header
files? Do you mean header files for mpeg, xpm?

you may have figured, but I am a newbie.

Hi,

david writes:

I have got the 1.2.4.tar.gz of the gimp. Upon compiling 3 plugins were not found-xpm, mpeg, and gtkxmhtml. i've just checked my system
and mpeg and xpm are on the system. Is the error created because a gimp plugin is different from a standard component, such as the mpeg which is on the system, or is the problem occuring because of something different such as the path needing to be incuded in ldconfig.

You are probably missing the header files needed to compile software using these libraries. Most distributions install the headers separately from the libraries.

Sven