RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mac Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mac Gimp Tom Williams 11 May 16:57
  Mac Gimp Sven Neumann 11 May 21:01
   Mac Gimp Jakub Steiner 13 May 13:24
Mac Gimp Kevin Waterson 11 May 17:58
Tom Williams
2003-05-11 16:57:59 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mac Gimp

Kevin Waterson wrote:

I was just at macgimp.org
Is this a joke or is there really a MacGimp? I could not find a download, the download section is disabled.

Kind regards kevin

As far as I know, it's a REAL thing. If you look at some screenshots of OS X at Apple's website, they even have MacGIMP running. I don't know why you can't download any of the code or binaries but it looks like you can order a CD from that site.

Peace...

Tom

Kevin Waterson
2003-05-11 17:58:31 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mac Gimp

Is this a joke or is there really a MacGimp? I could not find a download, the download section is disabled.

Kind regards kevin

Sven Neumann
2003-05-11 21:01:23 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mac Gimp

Hi,

Tom Williams writes:

Kind regards kevin

As far as I know, it's a REAL thing. If you look at some screenshots of OS X at Apple's website, they even have MacGIMP running. I don't know why you can't download any of the code or binaries but it looks like you can order a CD from that site.

Actually you can download the GIMP source code from ftp.gimp.org. If you have a reasonable setup on your MacOS X computer, you should be able to compile the latest development release. I am not sure if the fink package management system distributes gimp-1.3 already but I know that it has all the libraries that GIMP depends on, like gtk+-2. You will also need an X-Server but that shouldn't be a problem; you can download it from Apple.

Sven

Jakub Steiner
2003-05-13 13:24:58 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Mac Gimp

V Ne, 11. 05. 2003 v 21:01, Sven Neumann napsal:

Actually you can download the GIMP source code from ftp.gimp.org. If you have a reasonable setup on your MacOS X computer, you should be able to compile the latest development release. I am not sure if the fink package management system distributes gimp-1.3 already but I know that it has all the libraries that GIMP depends on, like gtk+-2. You will also need an X-Server but that shouldn't be a problem; you can download it from Apple.

Fink distributes stable Gimp at the moment. If you want to compile 1.3 you can at least use fink unstable to get gtk2.2.

I remember having some trouble with Apple's X11 wrt compiling gimp, xfree 4.3 from fink was working flawlessly.

cheers