RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fw: Re: Installing gdyntext-1.5.4.tgz

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fw: Re: Installing gdyntext-1.5.4.tgz Bernadette Wagner 09 May 19:39
  Fw: Re: Installing gdyntext-1.5.4.tgz Andrew Langdon-Davies 09 May 20:15
   Fw: Re: Installing gdyntext-1.5.4.tgz Bernadette Wagner 09 May 21:04
Bernadette Wagner
2003-05-09 19:39:25 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

I have GIMP 1.2.3 but I'm not able to resize the text, which made me assume (and you know what they say about that word!) that I didn't have dyn text capabilities.

So, now, what the heck do I do? I have a deadline of Sunday night and 14 photographs to credit. Help? How do I resize the text when it doesn't listen to what I'm telling it to do. I want 10 pt and it keeps giving me huger than that...

Oh, and I do know how to open terminal windows, etc. I just don't have a very good handle on all the lingo. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and switch between Gnome and KDE desktops depending on my mood or the way the sun shines or something ethereal like that.

B-|

On Fri, 09 May 2003 12:20:26 +0200 Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Bernadette Wagner writes:

I need to install this file I've downloaded and don't know Linux well enough to do so. (If it had an rpm, I think I could do it. So, please advise if there is an rpm or how to do it otherwise.

The GDynText plug-in is part of the GIMP-1.2 distribution. If you have GIMP-1.2 installed, you already have GDynText version 1.5.4.

Sven

Andrew Langdon-Davies
2003-05-09 20:15:16 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Bernadette Wagner wrote:

I have GIMP 1.2.3 but I'm not able to resize the text, which made me assume (and you know what they say about that word!) that I didn't have dyn text capabilities.

I assume (!) you double-clicked on the 'T' and then selected dynamic text. Andrew

So, now, what the heck do I do? I have a deadline of Sunday night and 14 photographs to credit. Help? How do I resize the text when it doesn't listen to what I'm telling it to do. I want 10 pt and it keeps giving me huger than that...

Oh, and I do know how to open terminal windows, etc. I just don't have a very good handle on all the lingo. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and switch between Gnome and KDE desktops depending on my mood or the way the sun shines or something ethereal like that.

B-|

Hi,

I need to install this file I've downloaded and don't know Linux well enough to do so. (If it had an rpm, I think I could do it. So, please advise if there is an rpm or how to do it otherwise.

The GDynText plug-in is part of the GIMP-1.2 distribution. If you have GIMP-1.2 installed, you already have GDynText version 1.5.4.

Sven

Bernadette Wagner
2003-05-09 21:04:29 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Not until after I found a great tutorial at

http://www.gilesorr.com/papers/gimp-tutorial/book1.html

I've got it now, folks! Thanks tonnes!!!

B-)

On Fri, 09 May 2003 20:15:16 +0200 Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:

Bernadette Wagner wrote:

I assume (!) you double-clicked on the 'T' and then selected dynamic text. Andrew

B-|

Hi,

Sven