RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? Dave Selby 20 Apr 08:35
  GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? Daniel Carrera 20 Apr 08:40
GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? Olivier Ripoll 20 Apr 17:57
  GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 20 Apr 18:24
20030420064757.GC26512@math... 07 Oct 20:15
  GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? SOLVED !! Dave Selby 20 Apr 11:13
Dave Selby
2003-04-20 08:35:39 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Can anyone tell me why Opera 6.12 does not display GIF's made by the Gimp? All it displays is the alt text, If i select image properties I get 0x0 pixels, 0 bits per pixel ?

However if I browse the web it shows GIFs no problem.

Dave

PS running debian Linux

Daniel Carrera
2003-04-20 08:40:25 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

That's odd. Send me a sample gif (off list) and I'll see what I can make out.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 07:35:39AM +0100, Dave Selby wrote:

Can anyone tell me why Opera 6.12 does not display GIF's made by the Gimp? All it displays is the alt text, If i select image properties I get 0x0 pixels, 0 bits per pixel ?

Dave

PS running debian Linux _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Dave Selby
2003-04-20 11:13:17 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

GIFs not displayed when made by gimp ? SOLVED !!

On Sunday 20 April 2003 07:47, you wrote:

It works fine with my Opera (5.1 I think) and my GIMP under Solaris. I'm sending you a coppy of a GIF I made with GIMP which works with my Opera. See if it works with yours.

Also send me the GIF you made with your GIMP and I'll see if it works with my Opera.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 07:35:39AM +0100, Dave Selby wrote:

Dave

PS running debian Linux

Olivier Ripoll
2003-04-20 17:57:01 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Dave Selby wrote:

Dave

PS running debian Linux

If you are browsing locally (i.e. on your drive, not via the web), you have to take into account the file that UNIX is case sensitive. You have to check that the path and the name of the gif (and the ".gif" extension) are exactly written the same way as in the HTML code (and with slashes (/), not backslashes (\)).
If you are using the web, then the protocol is not case sensitive and will find the image even if there is such a mistake in the html code.

Regards,

Olivier.

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2003-04-20 18:24:15 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

olivier.ripoll@unine.ch (2003-04-20 at 1757.01 +0200):

If you are using the web, then the protocol is not case sensitive and will find the image even if there is such a mistake in the html code.

Domain name is not case sensitive, directories and files maybe depend in server and client; still trying to find explanation for accepting \ instead of /.

Just try http://www.gimp.org/win32/, http://WWW.GIMP.ORG/win32/ and http://www.gimp.org/WIN32/. In this case, WIN32 is not valid, Apache does not like it.

For more info I found RFC 2616, S3.2.3. Of course, it only says should, not must (check definitions of words in RFC 2119).

GSR