RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to report a mistake in a translation?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to report a mistake in a translation? Olivier Ripoll 07 Apr 10:58
  how to report a mistake in a translation? Carol Spears 07 Apr 17:48
Olivier Ripoll
2003-04-07 10:58:29 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi all,

I wonder how to report an orthographic mistake in the French translation. I don't want to open a bug for such a small problem, as I have already opened too many invalid ones these last few weeks. What surprises me is it seems to have appeared only in the unstable branch, the translation was correct before.

The problem is the translation of "repeat" in the "filters" menu (the reshow and repeat functions for the last filter). It is translated by "répétiter", which is not a French word(*), and should be "répéter".

Regards,

Olivier.

(*) Répétiter is actually used by kids or by people imitating kids mistakes, but it is definetely not an official word.

Carol Spears
2003-04-07 17:48:27 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On 2003-04-07 at 1058.29 +0200, Olivier Ripoll typed this:

Hi all,

I wonder how to report an orthographic mistake in the French translation. I don't want to open a bug for such a small problem, as I have already opened too many invalid ones these last few weeks. What surprises me is it seems to have appeared only in the unstable branch, the translation was correct before.

The problem is the translation of "repeat" in the "filters" menu (the reshow and repeat functions for the last filter). It is translated by "r?p?titer", which is not a French word(*), and should be "r?p?ter".

there is a bug reporting thingie. http://bugs.gimp.org

Component would prolly be Internationalisation.

carol