RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to curve text ... ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to curve text ... ? Dave Selby 15 Mar 10:23
20030316084549.GA2701@shall... 07 Oct 20:15
  how to curve text ... ? Dave Selby 16 Mar 09:35
  how to curve text ... ? Dave Selby 16 Mar 09:53
Dave Selby
2003-03-15 10:23:00 UTC (about 21 years ago)

how to curve text ... ?

Hi all, Ive been working with gimp1.2 for about 12 hrs so far, got the basics, gradients, select, etc etc but I have a pressing project !

I have the text image I want, I generated it via Xtns, Script fu, logos. How do I bend it ?

I need it to gently curve around the top of a photo.

Any help greatfully appreciated. Dave

PS if its blindingly obvious I appologise in advance !!

Dave Selby
2003-03-16 09:35:59 UTC (about 21 years ago)

how to curve text ... ?

On Sunday 16 March 2003 08:45, you wrote:

Dave Selby writes:

Hi all, Ive been working with gimp1.2 for about 12 hrs so far, got the basics, gradients, select, etc etc but I have a pressing project !

I'm sending this privately because it seems like I post a link to this every few weeks and I'm not sure how kosher it is to plug one's own site on gimp-user all the time.

Anyway, I have a plugin to do this: http://www.shallowsky.com/software/cdplugins/

I don't know of any other way to do it (or I wouldn't have bothered writing the plugin. :-)

...Akkana

Many thanks, will have a play ... Dave

Dave Selby
2003-03-16 09:53:44 UTC (about 21 years ago)

how to curve text ... ?

On Sunday 16 March 2003 08:45, you wrote:

Dave Selby writes:

I'm sending this privately because it seems like I post a link to this every few weeks and I'm not sure how kosher it is to plug one's own site on gimp-user all the time.

Anyway, I have a plugin to do this: http://www.shallowsky.com/software/cdplugins/

I don't know of any other way to do it (or I wouldn't have bothered writing the plugin. :-)

...Akkana

Ive played,I like it !
Dave