RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

wacom graphire table

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

wacom graphire table Andrew 27 Feb 13:43
Andrew
2003-02-27 13:43:55 UTC (about 21 years ago)

wacom graphire table

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting my Wacom Graphire table to work with gimp. I have read through the fairly extensive resources (linuxwacom.sourceforge.net, Wacom-HOWTO, Wacom-mini-howto, Gimp/Wacom tutorial on GUG, etc), and have gotten pretty far, but things aren't quite working for me yet.

I have gotten to the point where Gimp recognizes the three devices (cursor, stylus, eraser) in the input devices dialog. However, when I try to set the stylus mode to "Window", I get odd behavior that is mostly categorized by only being able to move the cursor on one axis. Depending on the axes mapping, the secondary (stylus) cursor only moves in one direction (either up and down or side to side). This behvior is not specific to the table as I can use the stylus as a core pointer device in absolute mode under XFree86 (with KDE) and it works just fine. However, under Gimp I get the wierd one axis thing. Anyone seen this before? Here's my configuration:

- Wacom Graphire Table - Linux kernel 2.4.20
- gtk 1.2.10 (recompiled with --enable-xinput) - Gimp 1.2.3 (compile from source)
- XFree86 4.2.0
- wacom kernel module v1.30-j0.4.0

Relevant section of my XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice" Driver "wacom"
Identifier "stylus"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0" Option "Type" "stylus" Option "Mode" "absolute" Option "USB" "on" Option "Tilt" "on" Option "Threshold" "10" EndSection

Identifier "eraser"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0" Option "Type" "eraser" Option "Mode" "absolute" Option "USB" "on" Option "Tilt" "on" Option "Threshold" "10" EndSection

Identifier "cursor"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0" Option "Type" "cursor" Option "Mode" "relative" Option "USB" "on" Option "Speed" "3.0" Option "Threshold" "10" EndSection

Any help appriciated. Thanks.

--Frustrated