RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Photosmart 7150 and GIMP- any hints?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Photosmart 7150 and GIMP- any hints? William H. Fissell 24 Feb 19:04
  Photosmart 7150 and GIMP- any hints? Fred Bazolo 24 Feb 20:13
William H. Fissell
2003-02-24 19:04:02 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

I am running RH8.0 out of the box, other than that I compiled and installed gimp-print 4.3.10. I am trying to use gimpto print to my HP 7150, which prints a test page fine under CUPS or lprNG, but is mangled and wrong with any gimp settings I invent--

- the only photosmart options in the gimp/gimp-print combo I have are 1000 and 1100-- those give me garbled output

-setting it as a postscript 2 printer and using the foomatic ppd file gives me no output- not even a listing in the spool directory.

Any out there got this printer up and running with GIMP?

thanks in advance,

Bill

Fred Bazolo
2003-02-24 20:13:25 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Monday 24 February 2003 13:04, William H. Fissell wrote:

Hi,

I am running RH8.0 out of the box, other than that I compiled and installed gimp-print 4.3.10. I am trying to use gimpto print to my HP 7150, which prints a test page fine under CUPS or lprNG, but is mangled and wrong with any gimp settings I invent--

- the only photosmart options in the gimp/gimp-print combo I have are 1000 and 1100-- those give me garbled output

-setting it as a postscript 2 printer and using the foomatic ppd file gives me no output- not even a listing in the spool directory.

Any out there got this printer up and running with GIMP?

thanks in advance,

Bill

Hi Bill,

One question I'd ask right off is, is your printer working fine with anything else, like OpenOffice, or Abiword - anything? Juat need to know if the thing works at all with your setup, aside from a test page.

Assuming it does though, one way to print is to print to a file as a postscirpt file. Then print the file using some variant of Ghostview or some other postscript viewer, or just using a console window and the lpr command. You will need to know what your system is calling your printer - it has been given a name by your system if it is capable of printing with lpr.

For example, if your system calls your printer something like, "hp1750" then you could print the postscript file of the picture from a console with the command,

lpr -Plp hp1750

If your system calls your printer, "marsattacks" and you want 5 copies, you would use,

lpr -Plp -K5 marsattacks

Of course, you would have to be in the same spot in the directory tree as the postscript picture file to be printed to not have to type out the directory tree together with the file name.

Let me know if this helps, and good luck! There are probably (or should be) better ways, but this should get you by.

Fred