RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Introduction and a cullour question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Introduction and a cullour question Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> 20 Feb 11:01
Introduction and a cullour question Andrew Langdon-Davies 20 Feb 12:48
  Introduction and a cullour question Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> 20 Feb 13:42
   Introduction and a cullour question PL O'Smith 20 Feb 14:46
Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za>
2003-02-20 11:01:29 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hello,
I am willem van der Walt.
My wife is using Gimp under our Redhat 7.3 box with a creative graphics blaster agp display card with the Nvidia chipset. My wife says that there are far too few cullours available in Gimp, according to the manual there should be lots and our Gimp, installed
from the Redhat rpm, has only a few. Nvidia has a linux driver which i have downloaded and installed on our box.
This did not make any difference to this problem. At the moment, i am also struggeling to get the new Epson perfection 1260 Photo scanner to scan. \
There were some other differences between the Gimp we have and the one the authors of GUM and Grokking the Gimp must have had when they wrote the books. Some of these i solved by getting and installing plugins. Could some one point me to a resource where i can find answers for these questions?
regards, Willem

Andrew Langdon-Davies
2003-02-20 12:48:09 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Willem van der Walt< @top.health.gov.za=""> wrote:

At the moment, i am also struggeling to get the new Epson perfection 1260 Photo scanner to scan. \

Have you tried www.khk.net for this? Andrew

Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za>
2003-02-20 13:42:35 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,
I am trying to get the iscan program from Epson to work. It is a frontend for sane with some changes to the sane library.
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:

At the moment, i am also struggeling to get the new Epson perfection 1260 Photo scanner to scan. \

PL O'Smith
2003-02-20 14:46:35 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Thursday 20 February 2003 07:42 am, Willem van der Walt wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to get the iscan program from Epson to work. It is a frontend for sane with some changes to the sane library.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:

--------------------------------- Willem,
According to what your RH7.3 set up the graphics card, you should have appropriate color capabilities. You might want to check your graphics settings. You should either run 16bit or 24bit, if you are not going to play any games on the machine. I have never had the need to run more than 16bit on anything as it provides all the colors and speed with that.

Don't remember what kernel RH7.3 came with, I believe it was 2.4.18? If earlier than that, you might want to consider moving up a bit as the later kernels better supported and fixed USB somewhat. Next thing you should check are the USB, scanner modules to be sure they are loading. My Epson Photo 1650 scanner was as difficult as just plugging it into the computer. SuSE took over from there and it was ready to use. I also downloaded the IScan program from Epson, which works very well. Check the version of sane you are using to be certain it supports your newer scanner as well. Using the 1250 model should also work as there are only slight differences between it and the 1260.

Good luck on your quest!

Patrick
--- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 --- Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...