RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu - Batch Mode Problem (ATTEMPT #2)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu - Batch Mode Problem (ATTEMPT #2) matt@solinus.com 26 Dec 20:08
matt@solinus.com
2002-12-26 20:08:49 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Script-Fu - Batch Mode Problem (ATTEMPT #2)

Doh!

Please Ignore that last attachment....I added the wrong one. I was testing something else at that point. This one illustrates what I was trying to do.

--Matt

-- Forwarded message from matt@solinus.com -- On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:32:07 -0000 (GMT), wrote:

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 07:35:36PM -0000, matt@solinus.com wrote:

image resizing from the command line. I know that many of you out there

are

going to point out that ImageMagick will do what I am looking for. I have already gone down that path and the image quality of the scaled images is

not up

Then you probably have done sth. wrong, as ImageMagick's algorithms are way superior (and way slower ;) to the mere cubic interpolation gimp uses.

Are you sure you tried sth. like:

convert sourcefile -filter mitchell -geometry destfile

ok, I tried this....and I got an image that was not up to par with what can be done with Adobe's Image ready doing a similiar process. However, with Gimp, I can produce an image that is better and smaller than what Image Ready and ImageMagick can do. The mitchell filter was better than the cubic filter by far...but they were still pixelated when you started to look at the images closely. I personally think the images are good enough for the web....however, the client that I am working for is accustom to having an image of a very high quality.

also, other filters than the mitchell filter (which is usually best) are also worth a try, "cubic" for example should rather closely match gimp's quality.

Well, I am no scirpt-fu expert, but I get a lot of mail that tells me that scirpt-fu simply doesn't work noninteractively, or at leats not correctly, or returns too earfly etc.. etc..

Ok, if script-fu is not meant to be run from the command line without interaction....then why the batch mode option?

from the gimp man pages.... -b, --batch
Execute the set of non-interactively. The set of is typically in the form of a script that can be executed by one of the Gimp scripting extensions.

Based on the documentation I have seen, I should be able to call a script-fu function and everything should work. That is not the case.

Attached is a cut down version of the script that I am attempting to call. I am calling this script from the command line as follows......

gimp -b '(script-fu-test-script 1 "200" "200" "/export/home/matt/toprocess/W-49M01_ven.jpg" "/export/home/matt/toprocess/W-49M01_ven_n.jpg")'

When this is run...I get back batch command: executed successfully.

However, there is no outputted image to be found. If I change the 1 to 0 to run interactivly, it pops up the prompt for me to enter in the values needed for the script and runs successfully. Is there any way of outputting what has been passed into a script?

Thoughts? Comments?

Matt Patterson matt@solinus.com