RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

moving selection 1 pixel

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

moving selection 1 pixel liber-o@libero.it 19 Nov 12:55
moving selection 1 pixel Olivier Ripoll 19 Nov 17:33
liber-o@libero.it
2002-11-19 12:55:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

moving selection 1 pixel

Hello,

How can I move selections 1 pixel? According to the documentation, the default shortcut should be ALT+arrow key, but it doesn't work with my system (gimp 1.2.3 on Mandrake 9.0).
Also, ALT+leftmousebutton moves the whole image, instead of the selection path, as it should be by default.
I tried to define those shortcuts in "menurc" but the the file syntax, - i.e ;(menu-path "/Xtns/---" "") - is only related to menu items.
Thank you for you help.

Eduardo

Olivier Ripoll
2002-11-19 17:33:18 UTC (over 21 years ago)

moving selection 1 pixel

liber-o@libero.it wrote:

Hello,

How can I move selections 1 pixel? According to the documentation, the default shortcut should be ALT+arrow key, but it doesn't work with my system (gimp 1.2.3 on Mandrake 9.0).
Also, ALT+leftmousebutton moves the whole image, instead of the selection path, as it should be by default.

This is because your window manager is intercepting the keybindings and does not transmit them to gimp.
solution: if you are using Enlightenment, Window Maker or Blackbox (and sons), there is a possibility by pressing ctrl (or shift) + alt+leftmouse button. Some other WM may also have this feature working. IIRC, KDE 3 is configured or can be configured from the KDE control center to behave this way. For KDE 2, it's a little more tricky, but I guess if you are using Mdk 9.0, you won't use KDE 2.

Regards,

Olivier.