RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Directory for User-Defined Scripts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Directory for User-Defined Scripts Kevin Myers 19 Oct 20:22
Directory for User-Defined Scripts Kevin Myers 20 Oct 16:34
Directory for User-Defined Scripts Andrei Thomaz 21 Oct 00:02
F161tNZzrn7thBteexV0000523e... 07 Oct 20:15
Kevin Myers
2002-10-19 20:22:06 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon creating some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the directory for user-defined scripts. Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu, it appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there isn't one as far as I can tell. How does the gimp know where to find user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like for my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only to a specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts directory under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s/KAM

Kevin Myers
2002-10-20 16:34:37 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hello Andrei -

Yes, I do have the scripts directory, that's not the problem. The problem is that I don't have a preferences item available in the gimp UI to tell the gimp where to look for user-written scripts. The default scripts directory that the gimp created isn't adequate, since the gimp located that in an individual user-specific subdirectory, while I want to use the same directory for all users on my machine. And, I don't want to put user-written scripts in the same directory as the gimp-supplied scripts.

s/KAM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrei Thomaz"
To:
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 8:10 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

hello Kevin,

My GIMP has a scripts directory. If you can't find it, look for *.scm

files

(GIMP comes with a lot of scripts, so they must be somewhere in your computer), using File Manager.

good luck! andrei

"First of all you can't be subversive without being subversive to

yourself,

that's very important. You miss something crucial if you think subversion means to have clearly defined enemies and act against them. The enemy

always

is always you, too and in the first place."

http://www.koreawebart.org/0100101110101101org.html

To: "gimp users"
Subject: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:22:06 -0500

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon

creating

some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the directory
for user-defined scripts. Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu,

it

appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there isn't one as far as I can tell. How does the gimp know where to find user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like

for

my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only

to

a
specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts

directory

under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by

default.

s/KAM

Andrei Thomaz
2002-10-21 00:02:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

hello kevin,

if you are writing scripts for use in your personal computer, you can do what I do: all the scripts that i wrote began with "andrei_". so, when i look at the scripts directory, i know that all the "andrei_xxx.scm" files didn't come with GIMP.

Anyway, my GIMP directory has two directories that can interest you:

\_gimp1.2.Andrei _gimp1.2.somebody

they have subdirectories to scripts, brushes, etc. I don't remember if i tried install the scripts in them... But, if there are something like that in your GIMP installation, you could try and tell to the list what happens :-)

bye,
andrei

bye,
andrei

"First of all you can't be subversive without being subversive to yourself, that's very important. You miss something crucial if you think subversion means to have clearly defined enemies and act against them. The enemy always is always you, too and in the first place."

To: "Andrei Thomaz"
CC: "gimp users"
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:34:37 -0500

Hello Andrei -

Yes, I do have the scripts directory, that's not the problem. The problem is that I don't have a preferences item available in the gimp UI to tell the
gimp where to look for user-written scripts. The default scripts directory that the gimp created isn't adequate, since the gimp located that in an individual user-specific subdirectory, while I want to use the same directory for all users on my machine. And, I don't want to put user-written scripts in the same directory as the gimp-supplied scripts.

s/KAM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrei Thomaz"
To:
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 8:10 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

hello Kevin,

My GIMP has a scripts directory. If you can't find it, look for *.scm

files

(GIMP comes with a lot of scripts, so they must be somewhere in your computer), using File Manager.

good luck! andrei

"First of all you can't be subversive without being subversive to

yourself,

that's very important. You miss something crucial if you think

subversion

means to have clearly defined enemies and act against them. The enemy

always

is always you, too and in the first place."

To: "gimp users"
Subject: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:22:06 -0500

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon

creating

some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the directory
for user-defined scripts. Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu,

it

appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there isn't one as far as I can tell. How does the gimp know where to find user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like

for

my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only

to

a
specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts

directory

under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by

default.

s/KAM