RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

rounded edges

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20021017190103.D318B1F05E@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Gimp-user digest, Vol 1 #473 - 4 msgs Shawn Lindsay 17 Oct 22:27
  rounded edges Shawn Lindsay 17 Oct 22:32
Shawn Lindsay
2002-10-17 22:27:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Gimp-user digest, Vol 1 #473 - 4 msgs

Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] rounded rectangle From: Daniel Haus
To: Gimp Users Mailinglist
Date: 16 Oct 2002 23:38:46 +0200

i guessed that, unfortunately almost none of the script-fus work with gimp-1.3 in my localized (german) gnome2-environment, because of some confusion about floating point numbers (in german it's "1,0" instead of "1.0" so i about always get error-messages). i've seen this bug is already reported. can this easily - until it's officially fixed - be corrected by a few hacks, or will this require some more work and knowledge about gimp's internals? did anyone make it work?

the tutorial at http://gug.sunsite.dk did it for me. it's not exactly how i'd like it, a better solution might be a "roundness" option in the rectangular-selection-property-tab, but at least, it works.

Can you choose select-->grow from the menu? If so, you can make a small rectangular selection on a huge background and grow it by a large number like 256 pixels. The result will be a rectangular selection with rounded edges.

Shawn Lindsay.

Shawn Lindsay
2002-10-17 22:32:27 UTC (over 21 years ago)

rounded edges

Forgive me, list. I forgot to change the subject line in that last post re Daniel's problems with rounded edges. To get rounded edges without script-fu:

1. make a small selection on a huge background 2. select-->grow; choose a huge number like 256 pixels 3. Voila. Well, depending on your processor, it may take a few seconds.

Shawn.