RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Short animation film project with GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Short animation film project with GIMP Richard Van Den Boom 11 Sep 16:26
Richard Van Den Boom
2002-09-11 16:26:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Short animation film project with GIMP

Hi everybody,

I thought it could be of interest for Gimp developers and users alike to learn about a short animation movie project my wife and I are working on. This project will entirely drawn using the Gimp, with a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet on a Slackware linux system. The currently used version of Gimp is the 1.2.3 but we may move to newer versions if appropriate. The project itself has been submitted to the french cinema administration which is the main financial source for movies in France, so it may never actually be developped, but I've put very quickly in place a small site to display some screenshots of what could be done with this wonderful piece of software. The address is : http://mapage.noos.fr/s_vdb.

I hope you will be pleased to see another example of your software at work. Of course, this mail is not entirely innocent : there are some little enhancements or maybe plugins that would really facilitate the use of Gimp as an animation platform. The current Video and Animation plugins are nice enough, but they are more appropriate to develop web animations than for animation movies. We have some ideas of what to do to make Gimp viable as a "Draw and Paint" program, but the only programing language that I know is Fortran and it would not be of much use here. :-) Note that we will use Gimp anyway, even without specific animation enhancements. But if some have time to spare, I have some ideas to submit to them.

Again, thank you for this marvelous program.

Best regards,