RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text - "Gimp" is all I get :-/

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text - "Gimp" is all I get :-/ Joe Sullivan 24 Aug 16:51
  Text - "Gimp" is all I get :-/ Carol Spears 24 Aug 17:05
Joe Sullivan
2002-08-24 16:51:39 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hey,

Using a newly compiled Gimp 1.3.8...

Am I missing something with the Text function? When I select the Text button, then click on the graphic, it automatically prints out "Gimp". How do I change the Text that's actually printed?

I get the Text Tool Options, and can change the font/size/border/units, but I'm not seeing where to change the actual text itself!

How is this done in the newest Gimp? I'm familiar with the 1.2 Gimp, but I'm not seeing how to change the text like I did in that version. :-/

Thanks, Joe
---------------------
I'm too sexy for my desktop. Too sexy for my desktop... ---------------------

Carol Spears
2002-08-24 17:05:53 UTC (over 21 years ago)

hiya.

first of all, that is a development version of gimp and is not to be used for production.

on the other hand, isn't it cool?

you can get some text to work with the gimp-freetype plug-in which you can find at http://freetype.gimp.org. the one with a 3 in the name is for gimp-1.3. the one with a 2 in it's name is for gimp-1.2.

i suggest that you get both of them. gimp-freetype makes very very nice text for the stable working gimp (1.2) also.

have fun with both of these gimps! carol

On 2002-08-24 at 1651.39 +0200, Joe Sullivan typed this:

Hey,

Using a newly compiled Gimp 1.3.8...

Am I missing something with the Text function? When I select the Text button, then click on the graphic, it automatically prints out "Gimp". How do I change the Text that's actually printed?

I get the Text Tool Options, and can change the font/size/border/units, but I'm not seeing where to change the actual text itself!

How is this done in the newest Gimp? I'm familiar with the 1.2 Gimp, but I'm not seeing how to change the text like I did in that version. :-/

Thanks, Joe
---------------------
I'm too sexy for my desktop. Too sexy for my desktop... ---------------------